a viewport with two windows

jackson6612

Hi

Please have a look on this video:

I have a viewport with two sub-windows horizontally separated in the center of the model space. Actually I wanted to use the above window to d the drawing and the below one to keep the track how it looks. But the problem the below window is little big than I desire it to be. I want to decrease its size so that I can have a little large above window which I want to use for drawing. Is there a way to drag the central separator to decrease the size of the windows? Please let me know. Thanks.

You can adjust each of the two windows, actually two separate viewports. Click on the visible frame of the viewport you wish to adjust. A grip will appear in each corner. You can click and drag the corner grips. The viewport frame will hold its rectangular shape while you adjust the size.

Modelspace viewports must be rectangular, and they must fill the entire drawing area. You can not adjust them other than sub-dividing each viewport into equal sizes, (however you can then use the "join" option to make the remaining viewports different sizes).

Paperspace viewports can be any size or shape, and may be adjusted by editing their grips. There is nothing you can do in modelspace that you can not also do through a paperspace viewport... I suggest you learn about paperspace viewports. (Press "F1" and use the AutoCAD help system, or buy a book.)

At the command line use -VPORTS command, watch the command line for options to Join viewport. MS viewports have to be rectangular (no L shaped viewports). You can divide an individual viewport into smaller vports, say three, and then add two together, etc.

I know everyone has their own way of drawing but one more tool bar and you are going to need a 55" monitor to see your drawing!!! :P Do you have every single tool bar on your screen!?!? Have you ventured into the world of keyboard shortcuts??

Thank you, everyone. I wish you all happiness.

Thanks, Dana. Well, I had thought ladies didn't use the applications such as ACAD. I was wrong. You proved it.

I suggest you learn about paperspace viewports. (Press "F1" and use the AutoCAD help system, or buy a book.)

Let me put it clearly I'm not going to do this! Because I don't want to miss the pleasure of learning from you.:)

I know everyone has their own way of drawing but one more tool bar and you are going to need a 55" monitor to see your drawing!!!

Well, then you should also have a look on the windows of other application! I use a software to write simple math related content and one day my friend came to do his work on my computer. He actually said: "Where do I write? It's all toolbars here." And thanks a lot for being there to help me.

Best wishes

Jackson

Thank you, everyone. I wish you all happiness.

Thanks, Dana. Well, I had thought ladies didn't use the applications such as ACAD. I was wrong. You proved it

Jackson

Ladies? :shock: :roll: :lol: Google Ultimate Fighting Championship and see who's the president., and google the lyrics for the Jonny Cash song "A boy Named Sue". :lol:

No, I am not Dana White, but I let an idiot in a bar think I was, one night.:wink:

I was waiting with anticipation for your response, Dana.... :shock:

I heard women can vote now, too!! haha i kid, i kid!

:lol: at one of my past jobs I worked with a female AutoCAD person who was about as far from being a lady as one could get, personality wise, without being Dolf Lundgren.

Who said "One can never have too much money or too many toolbars."?

Answer: Jackson. :lol::lol::lol:

an anagram of toolbars is "loot bars"... coincidence??? on second thought.... bar stool is in there as well... maybe the quote included beer at one point... i don't even know what im doing anymore. the snow must be getting to my head..:?

an anagram of toolbars is "loot bars"... coincidence??? on second thought.... bar stool is in there as well... maybe the quote included beer at one point... i don't even know what im doing anymore. the snow must be getting to my head..:?

Wow, thats what we need, a bar with tool bars. Yes ma'am, I'm there. Hold on a minute while I click up another Beck's Dark.