Sheet format question

exo600

Hello everybody, Im Robert Ive been lurking for a while so decided to introduce myself along with my first question. Im using soldworks 2008. Ive taken a couple classes at a CC on solidworks including advanced SW along with other various drafting classes. I still feel like a noob tho.

Heres the question, I'm trying to make a drawing file that has two or more sheets, adding the second sheet is easy but I can't figure out how to get the second sheet to show the sheet format (border, title block, etc.) Can anyone help? search didn't work out to well. If I figure it out I will post it up but for now Im stuck.

I've never had to do that.

I made a template of the title block and I use that whenever I make a drawing from a part. Every sheet I add has the title block already embedded.

I've never had to do that.

I made a template of the title block and I use that whenever I make a drawing from a part. Every sheet I add has the title block already embedded.

When I start a drawing the first page has the template when i need add sheet its always blank.

Try this.

Open your drawing template.

Right click on the top feature in your feature tree.

Open Document Properties. (( You might have to click on the little double down arrows at the bottom of the menu))

Go to the System Options tab.

On the drawings menu, check the "Show sheet formats on add new sheet"

When you add a new sheet, you should get a window full of options. Check the "Display Sheet formats".

Also. Make sure your template directory and the default directories your SW looks in are the same. There is a "Browse" button on this little new sheets window. Make sure your template is selected there when the window opens.

After you do that you should be able to toggle the "Show sheet formats on add new sheets" back off and save the template again.