Create a custom table using a script

whitehouse431

I am currently using AutoCAD LT, and I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how to create a table using a simple script. Is this even possible with LT, and if so, does anyone have any helpful advice?

table

Well, forgive me for the simplicity of this. The step I cannot figure out how to perform is the actual inputting of data into each cell. I have only gotten as far as figuring out how to create the blank table, and cannot get any further. For example, I want to input the matrix [1,2;3,4] with the header "Table." Any help or reference direction would be greatly appeciated.

Ok this is all possible. First off though, why the heck do you have insert coords at 340000,130000???

Anyways, to simplify my explanation, I am going to assume an insertion point of 0,0.. Got it? Good...

After the table is created, we will use the TABLEDIT command. The way this works, is the command asks you to pick a cell. Well not only can you pick a cell with your mouse, you can also specify ANY point that resides in the cell, which means we can do this at the command line!! SWEET!

Ok first of all, the insertion point of a table is the TOP LEFT corner. So your "cell" points will need to be relative to that point... First I made a table with 2 colums and 2 rows and inserted it at 0,0. I then hovered the mouse in the cells that i wanted to edit, and wrote down their info. I was then able to generate my script. Use this code as a start.

-table
TABLEDIT
1,-.3
HEADER
TABLEDIT
1.2,-.7
"CELL 1"
TABLEDIT
1.2,-1
"CELL 2"
TABLEDIT
1.2,-1.4