Strange Malware warnings!

fahim108

screen shot from just a couple minutes ago. the "ok" in the green circle is Norton saying the site is safe, even though google says it might not be.

cadtutor.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We're still on the list at the time of writing. Are you using a different browser? IE won't show a warning unless you have web security software installed. FF and Chrome will as standard.

Yep, I can now view the site with both FF and Chrome without security warnings being displayed but it's still showing in the search listings. One step at a time - deep breath :roll:

Right after I posted my last message in this thread, I tried to get back to the main forum and got hit with the warning again. I've only just now got back on. Also using Firefox. It seems to be intermittent?

Warning messages have now been removed from Google search listings.

Thanks to everyone who helped with information about this incident. I've done a lot of work cleaning things up and reviewing security but I would really appreciate it if you could report anything strange or suspicious to me by PM. I'm not taking anything for granted and it's obvious that CADTutor has now become a target for hackers, so early reports of anything unusual would be welcome.

Thanks

The CADTutor site was hacked yesterday. All rougue files have now been removed and passwords changed. However, I remain on high alert. Please let me know if you are still receiving warnings about this site, giving as much detail as you can. It is possible that the site has been flagged as containing malware, even though it has now been removed, so the warning may only be theoretical.

For what it's worth I had noticed the last couple of days (twice at least) when I would visit CadTutor an Adobe Acrobat window would open, then close.

For what it's worth I had noticed the last couple of days (twice at least) when I would visit CadTutor an Adobe Acrobat window would open, then close.

Ditto ....

I saw the same thing and java seemed to be running a script.

Norton gave me one earlier today too, said it had blocked an attack from some such ip address. I can send it to you if it will help.

It just did it again. Says the attacking computer is 72.105.128.60, url is bao6.co.cc/imgurlf.php?hl=35bf1da2ef487ab0.

While typing this, I got 2 more notifications. 209.44.106.86 was the ip on both of those.

It's cat and mouse at the moment. They break something and I fix it. The server support guys are currently conducting a complete scan of the server but it's likely to take another 5 hours so I think I'll close the forum until that completes.