Strange Malware warnings!

fahim108

Firefox alerted for me, but as David have stated before, the Google-warning stays on for a while after the actual threat has been dealt with, I assume that is what is alerting Firefox.

GOOGLE Chrome

Nearly 24 hours later and still the same screen as my previous post!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jack_O'neill

• CADTutor

• ReMark

• PotGuy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got no warnings of any kind today when I logged on. Just make sure you have a good firewall on your own system, and keep your antivirus up to date. If the hackers want in, they will get in eventually, just as a burglar will penetrate a building if he wants in bad enough. All you can do is make it as difficult as possible for them, and as painful as possible for them if they do get in.

i just got a error that i posted in another topic.. but i cant even access that topic now.. getting same error some threads do still seem to work and not getting any virus alerts or anything

• 2 years later...

CADTutor was completely wiped and restored from a backup after the attack, so there should be nothing remaining of the files the hackers uploaded. The original vulnerability has been patched, so the same attack vector cannot be used.

I have seen no sign of any malware - it looks as though this was a case of defacement rather than anything more malicious.

Google are pretty hot on this problem and the presence of any malware on this site will be flagged up very quickly. Obviously, everyone should have adequate protection in the form of up-to-date anti-virus software so that even if that were to happen, they would still be safe. That goes for any site, not just CADTutor.

Just for info Cadeverything.com has been hacked earlier today and is offline.

I've been in touch with the webmaster there and he is trying frantically to get it sorted.

I visited there yesterday and noticed a strange banner along with a soundtrack. Very odd so I immediately left the site. When I tried to access it this morning I got the Error - Not Found message.

I hope CAD Everything gets back up and running soon.

CAD users are smarter than normal people and it is assumed therefore that 1) they know how to read and 2) they possess a high degree of analytical thinking skills?

CAD users are smarter than normal people and it is assumed therefore that 1) they know how to read and 2) they possess a high degree of analytical thinking skills?

So, hackers are scared of us? :lol:

Or they want to lower the general IQ of the internet, as if it needed help?

Cadeverything back online.

Just had trouble logging in here. (Cadtutor)

Four times got the "thank you for logging in" message then thrown straigbt out again.

Hmmm?

Just got logged out for no reason and took seven goes to get back in.

Same thing, got the thanks for logging in message then thrown straight out again.

Anyone else seeing this?

Haven't logged out but I could run a test.

A "tagger" is oft described as a graffiti "artist". Believe me most of them (like 99%) are not artists of any sort.