• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Honda Matt

• ReMark

• tzframpton

• ccowgill

Top Posters In This Topic

How do i switch to so it uses what the drawing has setup. All the fonts that have been used in the past are Auto CAD standard fonts. nothing was ever inported. I just what to ba able to open any of our drawings and have the text read correctly. The font style has changed from year to year depending on who was the drafter at that time. just starting to setup standards for this point forward and want to be able to open older drawings and print if needed.

Matt

Are you sure the drawing in question was saved with StylusBT as the font? Did you check to see if StyluBT was available to your machine? Is everyone in your office using AutoCAD 2009?

Default Text Style: Acab Text with Font Stylus BT

On all the drawings I open they open with the Text Style: Acab Text with Font Technical. All the drawings were saved using Test Style: Acab Text with Stylus BT font. When they are opened on another computer they open with the correct settings. My computer is the only one that is having this problem.

Is there a way to change the font of each mtext or text with out changing them one at a time? I have tried changeing them through the properties by selecting he entire drawing and changing the text style form one to another then back the correct text style and the font does not change. I made a new text style and changed the text to that and the font still has not changed to the correct font.

This is really starting to **** me off. I takes me forever to change each text to the correct font. There has to be a setting that converts the font to the default set in the Test Style Manager.

You should be able to go to the "format" menu, then down to "text style". That will open a "text style" dialog box. Displayed will be all the styles in your drawing, and you can set the font for each style there. Once you have them all where you want them, hit "apply" then close the dialog box and they should change accordingly in the whole drawing.

I have done this many times and it does not seem to work. I have to change the font in each text in the text formating box that open when you chagne the text. I am goin to try and uninstall then re install AutoCAD and see if that works.

There does not seem to be any substantive reason for uninstalling/reinstalling AutoCAD in my estimation. Long before doing that I'd give the REPAIR option a try first but I'm not sure even that is required. Post the drawing and let someone here have a crack at it.

"Is there a way to change the font of each mtext or text with out changing them one at a time?"

Yes there is. I recall a short lisp routine called CS (for Change Style) that would globally change the text style.

There does not seem to be any substantive reason for uninstalling/reinstalling AutoCAD in my estimation. Long before doing that I'd give the REPAIR option a try first but I'm not sure even that is required. Post the drawing and let someone here have a crack at it.

Give the repair a try, do you have the latest updates and bug fixes for AutoCAD 2009? I do recall the bug guy on CADYLIST Magazine site (Steve Johnson I believe) describing many bugs in the 2009 release.

I found this lisp routine on line. Copy it to your hard drive and change the TXT extention to LSP. You can use APPLOAD to load it. Type STY to start the command. You'll be prompted for both the OLD and NEW text styles then asked to select objects. It's all pretty simple so I think you'll have no problem with it.

ChgStyle.txt