how to extend hatch in an edited area?

khoshravan

I have a hatched area (A wall with a column inside wall). I deleted the column and now its place is void (no hatch).

How can I extend the hatch pattern to fill the column location as well?

I read some threads about associative or non-associative hatch areas, but I don't think that could solve my problem.

I think the easiest way is just to remove the bounaries, and add the wall as one new boundary.

If the collumn falls completely inside the hatched area, you can just remove the column's boundary.

Another option is to pick the grips on the hatch, and drag them to the right points.

I think the easiest way is just to remove the bounaries, and add the wall as one new boundary.

If the collumn falls completely inside the hatched area, you can just remove the column's boundary.

Another option is to pick the grips on the hatch, and drag them to the right points.

Removing boundaries is not an easy task. The wall boundaries is complicated. I am looking for an easier way.

I delete the column and didn't remove its boundaries

There is only one Grip point and I only can move it. It doesn't extend, stretch. No edition is possible in grip point.

I think the solution relies inside hatch dialogue box .

In 2010LT we got the option of hatch edit grips, whether it appeared in full autocad in 2010 or not I don't know but I don't remember having hatch grip edits in full 2007.

You might be able to recreate the boundary in hatch edit as a polyline and AutoCAD should give you the option of making the polyline associated to the hatch. You can then amend the polyline to cover the columns old position and the hatch should automatically follow the polyline. This doesn't always work though, if it doesn't you will almost certainly have to rehatch.

Tip: Create a non printable layer called hatch mask for example, then for large areas of hatch draw a polyline on that layer then hatching is simple as you can just select the object rather than infilling an area. Then freeze the layer for future hatching amendments (or tell colleagues not to delete the polyline)

agree with glen - you need an invisible polyline layer to which your hatches are all associative. to change hatches, change polylines here.

to clarify, hatch grips mentioned above are a new feature, not available in 2009 and below.

Here is the way I would do it. Select the hatch. Right click. Pick Hatch Edit. Press the Remove Boundaries button. Select the boundary that is the outline of the deleted column. Press Enter. Press the OK buttton. The hatch should fill the empty space.

I think the OP was trying to say the column was integral to the wall so removing the column boundary takes out the entire boundary.

I think 2007 should have the option for recreating the boundary within the hatch edit dialogue box. I have never had any success associating a hatch to a boundary after the original hatch command, maybe that option doesn't work in LT :cry:

I think the OP was trying to say the column was integral to the wall so removing the column boundary takes out the entire boundary.

I think 2007 should have the option for recreating the boundary within the hatch edit dialogue box. I have never had any success associating a hatch to a boundary after the original hatch command, maybe that option doesn't work in LT :cry:

Same in Full AFAIK.

If it's that complicated, the easiest thing to do is to click the existing hatch, then hit the delete key or issue the erase command. Then type "bhatch", when the dialog comes up, click either the "add select objects" or the "add pick points' button, pick appropriate to the option you chose and hit enter. Takes 10 minutes to describe and 5 seconds to do.