.acad file extensions

jackdee03

Hello,

i need some guidance on .acad file extensions. i have been given three files with .acad file extensions and have been told these will open in AutoCad 2011, however i have tried this on the trial version of the software and they do not open. Can anybody tell me which Autocad product produces these files.

regards

Gareth

They told you wrong. Give them a call, point out the error of their ways and ask them to kindly provide you with the correct information this time.

thanks for all the quick responses & help. I have changed the files to dwg and dxf (ideally i want the files in dxf for a mapping application), once in dwg the files open and display all of the layers.

Many moons ago changing to a non existing file extension was "common". It was a free way to reduce file size for emailing, I believe, maybe some old timers with a better memory could explain why. I just remembered by some miracle, that .acad was commonly used.