Penn Foster forum maybe?

Jack_O'neill

I'm indifferent, except it may be easier for them to take advantage of the previous threads if all the Penn/Foster threads are grouped together.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ReMark

• Jack_O'neill

• Car5858

• Cad64

OK, I've created a new sub-forum in the Beginners' area for questions relating to student projects and moved all the Penn Foster posts into it. Hopefully, those having problems with the Oleson Village or Ash Creek projects will find the help they need without too much additional input.

Well it will certainly make telling people where to look a lot easier. As for the need for additional input I have a feeling that the demand will still be there primarily because some (not all) people just come here looking for a quick answer to their question and don't want to put in the time or effort to do a little research first.

As for the need for additional input I have a feeling that the demand will still be there primarily because some (not all) people just come here looking for a quick answer to their question and don't want to put in the time or effort to do a little research first.

More than likely :roll:

Well it will certainly make telling people where to look a lot easier. As for the need for additional input I have a feeling that the demand will still be there primarily because some (not all) people just come here looking for a quick answer to their question and don't want to put in the time or effort to do a little research first.

It's the age of instant gratification. It's only going to get worse.

It's the age of instant gratification. It's only going to get worse.

True, but having all the Penn Foster topics in one place should increase the likelihood that they'll look at those topics for a solution first.

True, but having all the Penn Foster topics in one place should increase the likelihood that they'll look at those topics for a solution first.

If nothing else it will be easier on the rest of us to find the answers for them! :lol:

Well, it looks like we have most of their course material, so why don't we just rewrite it so it makes sense and contains all the missing information. Then when students come here for help we can just hand them the revised and corrected assignment and send them on their way. It's pretty obvious that Penn Foster has no intention of making any corrections to the assignment materials.

I'd really like to ask Penn Foster some questions, actually. For instance, (if I read the posts correctly) why are the limits for Olsen Village set to an area larger than the western half of the United States? How big do you think this town is gonna get? Somebody does a zoom all, and they really gotta look close to find their drawing. It might light up one pixel! Ash Creek is new to me. I have never taken those courses, but I'd be up for designing them some new ones!

I'd like to ask them about: layouts, viewports, and annotative scaling for starters. It seems to me the projects have not been updated in some time.

From what I have seen of the course, a couple times through the CADTutor tutorials would be much more benificial.

That is certain, but CT doesn't offer a diploma. Hey, there's an idea....

Jack has just put on his thinking cap which means we're going for a ride. Grab something sturdy and hold on folks. It's going to be a wild one! Yeeeeeehah!

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is almost a year old but as one of these Penn Foster students I would just like to express my appreciation for what you guys are doing here. I do like the professor that I call, but it is difficult for both of us when we can not communicate with diagrams (no forum) and if I email I question, forget about it. Most of the time it is typos in the course material like that Oleson Village project where one tree accidently has coordinates somewhere in the next state, but I guess that is the nature of the beast when you are doing something by correspondence. Regardless of where I go with this (professionally or personally) it's nice to know I can always find ideas and opinions here.8)

Well it seems you survived the course none-the-less.

I think P-F could stand to 1) make improvements, 2) update the course content to reflect additional AutoCAD features and 3) introduce some 3D.