ACAD Civil 3D elevation data pop up window issue

Tad_Thurston

I am using ACAD Civil 3D 2011 and when you stop the cursor in a surface area, a pop up info window shows data such as surface elevation, station offset etc...

The problem I am having is the font is light grey over a cream colored background which I find hard to read. Is there anyway to change the font and background color for this information pop up window? I have tried the accessability options under Windows (using windows 7) with no help. Our computer administrator in our office has blocked some of these accessability options so if it works for you, let me know anyway and I can request our administrator to help me.

Thanks in advance for your help. :?:wacko:

You should be able to fix that in your Options menu. Look under the Display tab, Window Elements pane, Colors button. Check the color of the Drafting tool tip background.

If you want to turn off the tool tips entirely, that's another setting.

Thank you Cyber,

I tried your fix but it changed nothing. :( I would also like to change the font color (make it black, not grey). This would help much even if I cannot change the background color.

Check your context in the Colors window. If you change the 2D color and you always work in 3D (for instance), you won't see any difference.

You can also change the tool tip text color in that window.

Don't take this the wrong way, I just want to cover all the bases.

When you open the Colors window and select the tool tip background, you will see a color box in the top right corner. You must open that box and select a new color, then press OK to close that box, the Colors box, and the Options box. You may want to change the color for all contexts, just to make sure.

There is probably another way to change the color of the tooltip, but I haven't found it yet.

It just will not change. In the 2011 version there is a "apply and close" button in the colors dialog box and I am clicking on that and it still will not change the tooltip colors. I have given up.