how to see lineweight effect in paper space?

khoshravan

Your relative lineweight differentiation should show in paperspace the same as it looks in modelspace. However, if you have checked "Display Plot Styles" on your layout page setup dialog, the line weights might look the same weights as they are going to be plotted. The lineweight control for the screen is different than the actual plotted lineweight. The differential is heavier than actually plotted by default as a 'screen only' visual aid. This visual differential can be changed with a sliding scale button in TOOLS > OPTIONS > USER PREFERENCES > LINEWEIGHTS.

Once you check off the "Display Plot Styles" selection, whatever setting you have may possibly be overridden by how your plot will actally appear. This may be why your lineweights don't seem so heavy in paperspace.

Do you have lineweight turned on in the status bar?

Dear nestly

Thanks for your reply.

I wasn't aware of line weight button in status bar.

This solved my issue.

Thanks for other replies as well.

It can but it can also be overridden in your plot style (ctb or stb).

Dear ReMark

nestly's reply solved my problem, but could you please explain what is ctb and stb?

.ctb and .stb are files that contain information regarding plot styles and how the drawing should be plotted. I.e. you can define a plot style .ctb file to print all lines that are color magenta weight 0.7, all lines color green weight 0.35 etc...

you can define a plot style .ctb file to print all lines that are color magenta weight 0.7, all lines color green weight 0.35 etc...

Does it mean I can apply sort of filtering to plot colors and to control which color should be plotted and which one to ignore?

If it is so, that's fantastic.

Where can I find more info on using .ctb and .stb?

Does it mean I can apply sort of filtering to plot colors and to control which color should be plotted and which one to ignore?

If it is so, that's fantastic.

Where can I find more info on using .ctb and .stb?

http://www.caddmanager.com/CMB/2009/08/cad-standards-ctb-vs-stb/

You can also turn off plotting for individual layers if you want to see the information in the drawing file, but don't want it to plot.