double line piping

meecpc

Does anyone know of a free simple double line piping program or lisp? Have been doing alot of boiler replacements and am looking for something to help. Currently doing it in single line but want something beter. I am using Acad 2006 2D.

Thanks

Bill

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• meecpc

• tzframpton

• ReMark

• Jkos

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You can try what I do, draw a polyline as the centerline, then Fillet the whole line with the right radius, than offset, on both sides, with the radius of the pipe.

I do that too sometimes but then I have to create the drops and rises. Was hoping there was something out there that does it all for free. Just another pipe dream I guess. Pun intended

ReMark,

Thanks but not quite free. :lol:

You probably waste more than $15 a week on some stupid habit that gains you nothing and you balk at paying that same price (just one time) for something that will make your CAD life a bit easier? Yep, you are cheap.

Go here. http://lee-mac.com/programs.html

Look at the Double Offset and Dynamic Offset lisp routines. Maybe one of these can fill the void for a while.

I will try those at your request. I am sure they will help. I may also down load that other program. The cheapness was a joke but I guess jokes can sometimes rile people. Off to tend to my stupid expensive weekly habits.

Thanks again for all your help.

:)

Does anyone know of a free simple double line piping program or lisp? Have been doing alot of boiler replacements and am looking for something to help. Currently doing it in single line but want something beter. I am using Acad 2006 2D.

Thanks

Bill

Bill,

Try Russ Steffy's Pipe.LSP

http://www.spaug.org/LISP_Index01.Html

I have my acad.mln set up for piping. See attachement.

Add (setvar "cmljust" 1) to your acaddoc.lsp and the justification will be set for middle when you start your drawing.

Also, BBDpiping has uploaded a bunch of blocks here:

http://72.22.64.51/cgi-bin/csupload/CSUpload.cgi?page=2&lpage=&command=viewupload&database=Mechanical%252edb

kramerO

acad.mln.zip

Edited by kramerO

I downloaded Russ Steffy's Pipe a long time ago, but it always returns an "** Outside Limits" error when I try to use it. :(

But getting back to the original request, I would also like to find a lisp that works similar to Multiline, except it would create create offet polylines from the pickpoints.

I downloaded Russ Steffy's Pipe a long time ago, but it always returns an "** Outside Limits" error when I try to use it. :(

Type LIMITS at the command line and expand the drawing area.