Plan Production in Civil 3D

yasin2ray

I'm using Civil 3D for the first time at a new job. We have a deadline this week so I'm super grateful for any (urgent) help you can provide me.

I went through all the wizard steps to create my viewport sheet template, then the view frames in my drawing, then the sheets from my drawing.

My questions/issues:

First, when I produce the sheets, the drawings show up with north to the right, but I want north to be to the left, just as it is in my model space. North is normally up, but we are printing a very long site in landscape layout (not profile) and have set North-South to run Left-Right.

Second, when I print to pdf, only my alignment shows up. Nothing else prints. Just a single line on the page, nothing else.

Third, how do I edit a View Frame Group? It seems I need to make an entirely new group every time I make a new viewport template. But I just want to keep the View Frame Group I have and edit the template it uses.

Fourth, out of curiosity, what is the (CP) for after [Next Counter]?

Thanks so much in advance, Forum community!

Firstly check the drafting standards for your country here north is up or to the right as preferred. Doing it the other way confuses people including me one of my staff did this to a job, flipped it had a junior fix the text, no idea what construction guys would have done.

I dont use the auto function but just use multiple layout tabs (with title block ) and change the ucs as required to rotate the plan in the view port so the road is normally shown horizontal to maximise the paper plotted sheet a little more control on the road orientation.

Print to pdf is the plan in the window ? if so then you must have the viewport layers set to no plot.

Thanks, BIGAL, for your reply.

I do know how to set up layouts the traditional way, without using wizards, but my employer wants me to use the wizards thinking that once I know how to do it the process will be much faster. He wants me to use C3D to its utmost potential. Valid, of course, but there are so many issues along the way...

Also, the North arrow has been to the left for this project all along so I'm just following suit.

Any ideas why my sheets print with nothing in the viewport but the alignment? Nothing is frozen, all needed layers are 'on'.

yasin2ray

Go into the viewport then open the layer manager over to the right are extra options that control what layers are on or off in a viewport your looking for the option "Vport freeze" make sure they are on. 9 across to the right