Auto layout no longer gives me options, and does not connect pipe.

DIW_HDsupply

I'm not sure what happened, but my autolayout is not working correctly. I am running sanitary 2" line to an outside line from a Womans restroom.. there is a 7" drop from the drain to a 90 bend then at 1/4 slope out of the restroom to a 45 bend, then diagonal to a other 45 bend, then a drop to -5' and then streight north out of the building.

At the first 45, I click to change it to a Wye to run to the mens room. Changing the male to female connetions, I get 3/4 the way into the mens room and end the line. Then I click the line and attempt to use the auto routing to connect to the floor drain. It doesn't connect and is asking for custom parts? looking at ductile iron parts..

Don't take this wrong, but its starting to feel like it's repulsing the pipe.. the closer i get the more off the pipe goes from the floor drain.

Is there some setting I've unknowingly clicked to turn off the autorouting? What do i do to make AMEP happy and work right again?

DIW

I cannot seem to understand why auto routing isn’t functioning correctly.

Following word for word on Aubin MEP Mastering series Tutorial…pg 27 item 26…

See attached project file 01 Plumbing.dwg in project directory.

Attached

Project directory

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/MAMEP_Commercial2.zip

Tutorial

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20790817/AAMS_AutoCAD_MEP_2011_ch06.pdf

1. Make sure OZNAPZ is set to 0.

2. Options > MEP Layout Rules . Make sure both are set to "Prompt for user input" and "Prompt when Non-Standard Parts are needed". See if this yields better results.

Without downloading the files, I will say this... AutoCAD MEP Auto Routing feature fails from time to time. It simply just goes nuts and alternative manual techniques are required to get the desired results. When I have time I'll look at the files. Don't get too discouraged though. Keep at it, you'll learn the inner tweaks.

Sometimes when this happens, I'll start a new template and do a select all/copy/paste and it fixes the problem. I know it's retarded but hey... AMEP still has a lot of maturing to do IMHO.

I will give the template thing a shot as well.. I understand the methodology.. Is the problem the process or the file? I will use this method in the future as well.

• 3 weeks later...