Lost Information

UCLandArch

I am using AutoCad Mac and when i came out of editing a block, all the objects in the drawing, except the block i was editing, was gone. I thought it might have just been an AutoCad issue, so i restarted AutoCad - everything still gone. Any ideas where all my objects are and why this happened? All the blocks I had built and saved in the drawing are still available, but the drawings are gone.

Did you do a Zoom > Extents?

Hmmmm. That was my answer that I removed because I thought I was wrong.

After I tested, I saw that my block with the rediculously offset insertion point was not visible on screen since it was 500 feet to the right, but the rest of the drawing was still on screen.

What circumstance would pop you away from the body of the drawing, over to the location of the (way offset) block image?

I've seen this before. It's odd because there doesn't seem to be any logical reason for it. If you use Undo while in the block editor, then save the changes, there is a chance the entire drawing will disappear.

Could it be a simple graphics-related issue? Could test it by shutting down the program, then the computer, waiting 20 seconds, rebooting then starting AC up again. Stranger things have happened that have been solved by a mere reboot.