educational version

chrisdarmanin

i never encountered this problem.

we recieved a drawing which we have to use as an xref, but this drawing was made with an acad educational version and i'm not able to remove the educational version stamp

help please

i use acad 2006lt

Do not use the drawing made with an educational version of AutoCAD as an xref. If you do, and you save your new drawing, it too will now bear the educational stamp. AutoDesk created the student version as "non-commercial" use software. Using content from this software combined with a commercial version of AutoCAD is a violation of the user's agreement.

The best advice I can give is to open the drawing, "trace" it, save the new drawing under a different name and then delete the original drawing from your hard drive. That way you'll avoid replicating the educational stamp and no one will be tempted to "borrow" content from the that particular drawing.

For further information I suggest you search this forum using the words "educational stamp" and see what troubles other users have gotten themselves into all because they used content from a student version of AutoCAD. Maybe that will convince you not to go down the same path. It is a sobering experience that will cost you a lot of time, money and frustration. It may also get you in some trouble with AutoDesk.

Using content created with a student version of any AutoDesk software is illegal and a clear violation of the end user's agreement. Educational versions cannot be used for commercial (for profit) purposes.

• 3 years later...

Contact the person who supplied you with these drawings and tell them they need to provide you with proper drawings created with a legal version of Autocad, not a student version. If they refuse to comply, contact your Autocad reseller, or your Autodesk rep, and report them.

The educational version is for students, not working professionals.

Contact Autodesk and report people who are using the student version for commercial purposes.

Be part of the solution instead of helping to perpetuate the problem.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/item?siteID=123112&id=2881274&linkID=9240617

Thread Closed