layer properties manager does not open

Ray D

• 2 months later...

I'm experiencing the same problem as the OP.

Layer Properties Manager will not open. ACAD will sit there, seemingly loading the LPM, but nothing happens. I eventually have to 'Esc' to continue.

Get the same result from comand line "_layer" and clicking on the LPM button on the "Layers" toolbar.

Any help would be great!

Cheers.

Maybe it's off screen...

Start _layer, hit Alt+Spacebar, then M, then use your arrow keys to bring it back on screen (you may want to try it with a visible window to get the gist).

or...

Set a higher display resolution in Windows so you can see it.

Brilliant!

The LPM box was way off screen. Thanks lpseifert!

For anyone else that may have similar problem: I could not move the window into view using "Alt+Spacebar" then "m". However, "Alt+Spacebar" and then "s" will resize the window. just hold down a direction key (in my case I held the left arrow) and the window will appear.

Thanks again lpseifert.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just add a note for the users here that use non-English versions of Windows programs - since this is a Windows fix and will work with any Windows application.

In the combo alt+spacebar+M, the M stands for MOVE - so if the combo doesn't work for you, try a combo where the M is replaced with your native word for MOVE. I (Swedish) use F :)

• 3 years later...
Maybe it's off screen...

Start _layer, hit Alt+Spacebar, then M, then use your arrow keys to bring it back on screen (you may want to try it with a visible window to get the gist).

or...

You saved my very precious time. Thank you

• 10 months later...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! i had the same problem - I'm (very) new to AutoCAD and taking a beginner's class, thought maybe it was just that i was using older version. This totally solved the problem. Thanks again!!

• 2 years later...

Thank you, lpseifert! That's a very useful tip. It helped me.

Maybe it's off screen...

or...

• 3 years later...