clouds and vray environment fog

ThrashMetal

hey all,

I've been using photoshop in adding cloud effects on my scene, now, when i saw vray environment fog on the tutorial that i got from here also (thanks to certain individuals here) it's only then i saw that clouds can be created directly on max, i checked the tutorial and the concept but the problem is when i looked at my vray, it does not have vray environment fog.

what are the other processes that can be done to create a cloud effect and is it only achieved through vray environment fog?:wink:

Thanks for the help cad64.

i checked it again and compared the tutorial you linked and they quite say the same but in the tutorial i had it didnt say that vray environment fog is an update for vray 1.5 sp3, 4, and 5, unfortunately i use sp4, so now im working on finding vray sp5.

i do too use photoshop but my photoshop skills are really limited, i know the basics such as layering, adjustments, bevel, and so on and up to now they are the only settings i tweak, never really explored photoshop. for now i want my final render at max to be my final image, plus i got curious when i saw cloud effects in max..lol..

I guess I don't understand? The first line of the tutorial I posted previously says: "One of the most interesting features introduced in V-Ray 1.5 SP3 was VRayEnvironmentFog." So if you're using sp 4, you should have environment fog already. You shouldn't need sp 5.