Licenses are not detected after merging

edwinprakoso

Dear all,

Our partner recently purchased additional network license. We want to combine the license with previous licenses, so we can manage them on the same server.

After we combined the licenses, some previous licenses are not running.

We currently have 61 seats of Autodesk licenses, and additional 10 seats should make it 71.

But after we combined the licenses, the licenses become 36, not 71. There are 35 licenses are not detected.

We tried the following:

Upgraded Autodesk Network License Manager to latest version.

Stop and reread the license file after merging.

Delete the current services and recreate a new license service.

None of them work.

We suspected that it might be the lmtools limitation or the new license string conflicted with the existing license string.

Anyone has experience with this?

We have. They contacted Autodesk support and we are waiting their response. Adsk probably trying to contact flexlm support.

I thought while we wait I might get a response from somebody have experienced similar problem.

Were they different products or different versions of AutoCAD?

Did you upgrade your PLIST?

I'm guessing you got this resolved since 5 days is a long time to go without 35 licenses. What was the solution?

Blam,

Thank you for your response. We haven't solve it yet. We only lost 10 licenses if we use the old lic file. But when we merge the new 10 seats lic file, then 35 seats are missing from the old lic file.

They are different versions and different products. In fact, we already have 5 lic files merged. The problem happens after we merge the 6th lic file.

I'm interested to your question of upgrading PLIST. No I haven't. How can I do that?

The last .lic file you were sent from Autodesk should have an INCREMENT PLIST code string at the end. To be honest, I was not too familar with them myself. So I did some digging on PLIST. I thought it stood for Product LIST, but it really stands for the Priority LIST. It is involved in search priority for the licenses for the products that are sold as a suite or bundle.

Here is what Autodesk says about the PLIST at http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=8057761&linkID=9240617

--Always combine all increments included in all license files, including PLIST increments. FLEXnet will automatically determine which PLIST is the most current and use that increment accordingly. If you fail to include PLIST increments, certain Autodesk products may not be able to acquire a network license.

I think what Autodesk is saying is put every INCREMENT PLIST string you get into your license file. The latest ISSUED will take precidence. But, I think you should be fine if you use only the latest PLIST that was issued with the newest licenses. Just paste it in at the end of the .lic. Looks like this

INCREMENT PLIST adskflex 3.000 permanent 1 \

VENDOR_STRING=A07:51600ACDLAND_2007_0F:52200CIV3D_2007_0F;......

....blah, blah, blah....

A8EA 7489 0958"

Also, I'm wondering if you may have some similar products superseding other products. Here is what AutoCAD says about that at the same link.

--When adding additional licenses for the same Autodesk product to your license file, you must obtain a new license file for the total number of licenses with that feature code, not just the new ones. For example, do not combine two different AutoCAD® 2006 license files into one file. Obtain one new license file that contains the required total number of AutoCAD 2006 licenses.

So what that means is check for similar feature codes and check for where is says SUPERCEDE and the ISSUED date. Look at this example from the AU class I took on network licensing. Notice the second code SUPERCEDEs the previous code's date. So you only get the 2 licenses instead of a total of 7.

INCREMENT 71200ACD_2010_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 5 \

VENDOR_STRING=nfr:permanent SUPERSEDE DUP_GROUP=UH \

ISSUED=24-Aug-2009

INCREMENT 71200ACD_2010_0F adskflex 1.000 permanent 2 \

VENDOR_STRING=nfr:permanent SUPERSEDE DUP_GROUP=UH \

ISSUED=16-Nov-2009

= 2 licenses

Edited by Blam
deleting format code.

Thank you for your explanation. We still can't figure it out.

We are waiting for our reseller to merge our contract, so we will have less serial numbers to manage. it means less lic file to merge. Should be able to solve it.

Once again, thank you for all the information. Really appreciate it.