Unable to install autocad 2011 on windows 7

Californo

Are you trying to install from the DVD, or from download? If the latter, are you certain you downloaded the correct version to match your operating system (32bit vs 64bit)?

Also, please post the spec for your new computer in your profile.... it may help others troubleshoot problems.

It most definitely sounds like you are trying to install a 32 bit program on a 64 bit system. or vice versa.

As Nestly said check the operating system on your computer with the software you are installing. I've just installed 2o11 on a new 64 bit computer running Windows 7 without any problems at all, I just used the 64 bit DVD. In the recent past I've installed 2o11 on 32 bit systems running Vista and XP Pro without any problems what so ever.

The 32 bit version will install on either a 32 bit or 64 bit OS. The 64 bit version will not install on a 32 bit OS. So it looks like you're trying to install 64 bit version on a 32 bit OS. Autodesk could have done a better job at identifing the nature of this error. But I wager if you check closely, you're trying to install the 64 bit version of AutoCAD 2011 on a 32 bit version of Windows 7.

Remember, you will have to have a 64 bit computer chip in order to run 64 bit anything in the first place. I run Windows 7 and AutoCAD 2011, both 64 bit and it all works fine.