Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

• 4 weeks later...

Hey autocadstudent. I too am doing these projects and I am stuck on the contour lines as well. Could you explain if you use the same 90' for horizontal and 80 for vertical.

Thank you.

CADLee: Did you see my last response to your other thread re: interpolating and the image I included?

Yes ReMark I did and it was helpful. I found this old post after talking to you, I didnt mean to leave you high and dry. I was going to inform you that I did find this post on the same drawing.

For now I have one question that was asked and that is are all the horizontal 90 and the vertical 80. I mean the equations used that are given? The answer is probably right infront of my face, but don't see it. LOL

THank You for all the help.

There are no elevations for the horizontal / vertical grid lines. There are "spot" elevations and then there are contours. That's it.

In the lesson it gives an example and mentions that I guess the 90' contour is horizontal and the 80' contour is vertical. Are these examples used for all the horizontal and all the vertical or does it change as you move throughout the grid.

I am sorry for what seems like easy answers, but I can't seem to get this.

Cadlee, this is the way i see it now. this contour lines run from top to bottom.90 starts at row 1 and ends at row 12. it is not a strait line.you will use the same type of calculation but differen elevation you did to find 90 at row 1, on row 2 and 3 and so on.

hello I am hoping someone can give me the coordinates for the starting point for the centerline of Cedar Park Drive. page 14 of the civil drafting says that is is at the bottom of a hillside. The centerline radius of Cedar Park Drive is 7115.37' and the centerpoint is located at 528257.07,47668.89. When I use 528257.07,47668.89 as my first point for my centerline, it is way off my contour drawing way up in the right corner off in space...I thinking the book must have a typing mistake or something. Penn Foster has not gotten back to me in 2 days yet so I am getting kind of antsie to get going...by looking at Autocadstudents image post, it looks like the begining of the road starts somewhere close to BM 312. Thanks....

megaforce1.

The coordinates are correct. do it as it say. it is going to be a BIG circle then just trim it. you will only need the left side of the big circle

Now I am on page 16 and I am stumpted again...

#4. says from where you left off, draw a 144.32' segment in a counterclockwise direction around the cul-de-sac. Show the delta angle, the length and the radius of the curve. I used the list command for the curve of the cul-de-sac and got the following: L=144.32 R= 35 Start angle: N12d15'43"W End angle: S68d30'46.6411"E

do I use this information to find the delta angle with the formula: L=(PIxRxDelta angle) divided by 180

When I input from BM 312 to the POB @178.48

#5. Says the property line now curves for 9.82' in a clockwise direction around the fillet where the curb and the cul-de-sac connects with the curb of the avenue. When I use the list command on the fillet of the cul-de-sac I get the following: L= 9.82 R = 10 Start Angle: N12d15'43"W End Angle: N68d30'46.6411"W....Again I am stumped here too.

I AM HOPING AUTOCADSTUDENT THAT YOU ARE STILL ON LINE AND CAN HELP....THANKS...

thanks for help on post #52..I will post the response in case someone else ends up with the same problem...

In response to your message, the 144.32' segment discussed on page 16 is part of the property line layout of the owner's property. By definition, property lines end at the right of way (ROW) of a street or highway (you only "own" to this point). Therefore the 144.32' segment (and the other segments in steps 3, 5, and 6 you are creating for the property line layout) is the exact same line as the right of way of Ocean Avenue which you have already created. You are simply “tracing over” the ROW lines you have already drawn (you can simply “snap over” the existing line using the appropriate layer/linetype).. The same holds true for step #10 which is the same as the ROW of Cedar Park Drive.

Thanks again!!

I am working on Plate 2 of the civil drafting project for Penn Foster..I am on page 19 cut and fill part...I do not understand how to do cut and fills...I am still awaiting my questions to be answered on how to do these for Problems 22-14 and 22-15 in the Civil Drafting Study Guide. I have read the materials on pages 19 and 20 in the study guide a number of times and I still seems to be stumped. I am hoping someone can post an image of plate 2 and/or tell me how to get going on this...

PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!!

I have looked at all of the posts. Can you at least tell me which ones you are referring to, as the posts I am looking at are not referring to plate # 2 unless I am missing something.

thank you! I just am having a brain block to the cut and fill part of it. I have everything else done on this plate but this...Thanks again...Want to keep working through the weekend and this helps tonnes....

car5858 i have been trying to do the hvac on my own, i finished plate1 but i cant finish plate 2 and 3.

Can you please post an image of them? i was going to create a new thread but decided to ask here.

i also sent that plate 2 to megaforce1.

Thank you.

Yes I can, but I think it should be a new thread. PM me with a link to the new thread and I will post that immage for you.