Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

I think my driveway for plate 2 is out...On page 18 #1 where the driveway comes off the curve it says to continue the centerline for 185'. Can someone tell me the bearing of this line so I can check it. Mine in @185

Thank you!

Thanks Car 5858...that fixed mine...I was out 7 degrees...don't know why, but I am so glad that you guys are here to help...I hate to think of what my drawings would be like without you guys....THANKS...

• 2 months later...

I am actually stuck on a part of this project. I need a little more explanation than what is on here. I understand the examples given on how to interpolate the first points but when I move on to the next set of points (93.8 and 92.2) I get lost. The point I am getting is not in the same position as what you have. Can i get an example of how to do the next couple of points for the 90' contour line. Do I still multiply every set of point by 11? And what changes in the formula when I move on to the 100 and 110 contour lines?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

I was moving along quite well on my project with all your help on the forms, thanks, but I got stuck on a simple step that I know I have done before and cant seem to get it right... Delta Angles??? the step goes(this is on this project plate 2) : Beginning at the center of the cul-de-sac of Ocean Avenue, travel 50 feet at a bearing of S15˚W to the PC. (thats all fine) The centerline then curves to the left. its radius is 85 feet and its delta angle is 97˚. The centerline then travels 185 feet. any help thanks...

Draw a construction line from the PC @85

this will give the center point of the arc

Then start/draw the Arc command using Start (PC)> Center > Angle (97)

Immediately after the arc command use the Line command > hit enter and enter 185

Erase the construction line

help, I am trying to follow #69 instructions. I get the construction line. I start the arc at PC>Center>Angle (97) ..... when i type in the 97 for the angle it tells me Invalid. What am i doing wrong???

the step goes(this is on this project plate 2) : Beginning at the center of the cul-de-sac of Ocean Avenue, travel 50 feet at a bearing of S15˚W to the PC. (thats all fine) The centerline then curves to the left. its radius is 85 feet and its delta angle is 97˚. The centerline then travels 185 feet.

I tried following up with the construction line from the previous page (7).......but it gives me an "invalid" error when I type in the 97 for the angle. I am doing something wrong but just dont know what it is.

Hi your instructions differ slightly from mine. But mine are out of date, so our drawings will not match exactly. This screen shot was taken of the drawing after completing the step 1 of your instructions, note that I included the instructions in the drawing. The center line that extends 185' is labeled incorrectly :oops:. This should give you an idea of what it should look like. Note also that the center line that appears in this screen shot was drawn on the construction layer. It will have to be changed to center layer.

PF plate 2 driveway.JPG

oooohhh, thank you Car5858. I got it. I really do appreciate your help and thank you for helping me see that. I drew a blank and the visual sure did help.

Civil Drawing Plate 2.jpghelp again, I have uploaded my dwg and think that my house footprint is out. I am thinking that it has to do with the centerline of the driveway being 185'.

I am having trouble with page 19, the last chapter.

it says:

Ms Capitano decides to keep the driveway and the house level at elevation 180. Her surveying co. recommends an angle of repose of 1.5:1. Draw the driveway layout cut and fill in the lower-left corner of your drawing. Use the information lited here to show the new contours on both sides of the driveway.

1. Use Layer offset (color yellow, linetype cont.)

2. Indicate the area to be cut using the ANSI131 hatch pattern at scale 25 and angle 45. indicate the area to be filled using the AR-SAND hatch pattern at scale 5. Draw the hatching on Layer Details.

Ok, I get the layers and the hatching but I am not getting the cut and fill in the lower-left corner of drawing part.

Can anyone help me. I am not doing well on this drawing but I dont want to give up.

Wendymoose, that looks pretty good, on the drive way. A similar image is located in post #37 and #57. The cut and fill angle in these posts were 1:1, remember that yours are 1.5:1 so the drawings will be slightly different. At least you get the idea of what you need to do in the previous posts.

It would also help if you attached the PDF file of the instructions. That will make it easier for others to help you.