Civil drafting school project help

Autocadstudent

Hi, Updated dwg. file. I noticed some errors I had made. Want to know if I am doing this write before I begin plate 4. I added in the culvert which was missing as well as I changed the scale on the top.

Edited by chloe2012

Hi Car5858

Could u please do me a favor and help me out on my pennfoster Civil Drafting Project (Elective).I have completed my 2 plates, but struggling with last plate(plate2-3) for drafting the proposed driveway and building site contours.Actually My concept is not clear for this portion.

Thanks

Hi

I don't believe so.I have been waiting to get solution from any senior member for the last couple of weeks but didn't get any.I would really appericiate if someone help me out complete my assignment.This would be my last assignment to get my diploma.

Thanks

Hi

Good morning

This is not the one I am having any issue with.I am talking about civil drafting project (elective)#05404401.And pdf. files for this project have already been there on forum site.

Thanks

Try to remain calm.

I do not have access to any of the civil 'elective' drawings.

Post what YOU have and we'll take a look at them.

Hi

I have attached my completed dwg.file plate-2 with this post.and I am having the isuue with (plate-2-3) at project pdf file page 42---.and the project pdf file is on thread "penn foster's drafting with Autocad Elective project(civil drafting)" page-2 and it was started by me on 04 Feb.2012.

Thanks a bunch.

PROPOSED DRIVE WAY-3520 SW ASH CREEK DRIVE (PLATE 2-2 ).dwg

That is just tedious in my opinion. It is good to understand how contours work and their engineering use although to draw those manually as described is something that just doesn't happen these days (and hasn't for 20+ years).

I'm not sure what Penn Foster wants, although to me you have way too many labels on those contours.

The point is P-F is attempting to teach AutoCAD not civil engineering otherwise they would have provided the student with the proper software.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Remark/car 5858/to those who can help me out

I have a question for you please.Could you please guide me for using LTscale factor?I have asked the same question to around 7 draftspersons but didn't get the right answer.My question is,if I have a drawing to plot using a scale 1 inch=60 feet,what number would be my ltscale factor.Should it be 1/60=.017 or 1/720=0.00139 or some otherone?I am done with my civil drafting elective project except assigninig it LTscale factor.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

car5858, i have studied the drawing for plate three and I have managed to make the section view you have on the left side of the drawing but cant seem to grasp a concept of what the veiw is on the right side of your section three, what angle is this section depicted at and what is the purpose?

• 1 month later...

What exactly is the problem?

What page are you on in the instructions?

What have you managed to draw so far?

You list your occupation as Finishing, Aerospace but your Discipline as Civil. Could you elaborate on that for us please?

How is it that you are taking the Penn-Foster AutoCAD course?

How much CAD background do you have?

What is the depth of your knowledge regarding computers (hardware and software) in general?