Explode a Block - Text Remains

eelywig

I was wondering about that - I've never use LT - don't think I want to after all these years. It would probably frustrate me right to an early grave! :lol:

It frustrates us too, given it is about a third of the price of full AutoCAD by now it should be Full AutoCAD minus the 3d stuff. Or they could at least give us LISP.

Glen 1980- The amount varies. Right now it is about 60 in this drawing. A while back when I was working with R10 & R14 there was a lisp program that did it but it don't I have it anymore and it probobly wouldnt work with 2008 LT if I did.

I was just going to offer to burst the attributes for you!!!

Upload a dwg with just the blocks and I'll do it in the morning.

Never mind Stuart, it may help someonelse who views the thread.

Obviously if they skip Ryders comment and go to yours :P

there are many reasons to explode a block although none come readilly to mind. The problem here is that the best solution (burst) is not available to the op.

The problem when a block is exploded is that the attributes now show as the ATTDEF and people leave these in the drawing as text. At least this poster is trying to leave them as text.

there are many reasons to explode a block although none come readilly to mind. The problem here is that the best solution (burst) is not available to the op.

The problem when a block is exploded is that the attributes now show as the ATTDEF and people leave these in the drawing as text. At least this poster is trying to leave them as text.

Yes I agree. 2007 LT had the block editor so I'm assuming this problem relates to something other than updating the graphic.

the block editor won't allow you to see what the text assigned to an attribute is though. If you have 20 blocks all with different locations as attributes that you now want as text, the block editor won't help you.

Bass_Mark your signature just brought a smile to my face when I realized my socks are actually very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, dark blue!

Bass_Mark your signature just brought a smile to my face when I realized my socks are actually very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, dark blue!

Glen, mine are the same! It's guys like us that get taken for a ride.

• 3 weeks later...