Text size and scale for PFD's and P&ID's??

Gmalone12

I'm a new piping drafter and I need a little help deciding how to start this project. I have a sketchup of a few pfd's that I have to imput to AutoCad P&ID, but I'm a little confused on exactly how to do it.

My problem is that I'm not sure what the common text size should be on a PFD or a P&ID. Also, I'm not sure if and at what size I should scale the drawing. I'm using the tool palett for my equipment and fittings, but they come out so little.

Any help would be appreciated,

thanks in advance

-Gary

Gary. What country are you in? Here in NewZealand we use metric sizing. PFD & P&ID normally are drawn on a A1 paper. Often they are then only printed at A3 (so scaled 1:2) ISO text height apply. 1.8mm, 2.5mm, 3.5mm & 5mm. Most text in your drawing will be 2.5mm, titles/plant tag for say vessels 3.5mm. 5mm for Titleblock.

Are you using AutoCAD P&ID or AutoCAD Plant 3D to do your PIDS? If so you may be inserting symbols for use in imperial drawings (inchs).

Thanks for the reply. I am located in America, And I use AutoCAD P&ID. I've Used AutoCAD for a few years but in a structural firm not a piping. We don't use metric, so I'm still searching for the right standards.