Osnap Parallel

qball

Has anyone ever gotten this Osnap to work? Whether I try to rotate something or draw a line, the Parallel icon comes up over the object I'm trying to snap to, but then the command line says "No endpoint found for specified point. 2d point or option keyword required".

Works here, I use it for lines, never tried with rotating. With osnaps set, start line, pick a point, hover over other line until parallel is aquired, move cursor until you see rubberband line, pick again.

oh, the rubber band line. You have to move away from the object again. Doh!

Yeah, my forehead received a hard slap the day I realized how the parallel osnap actually worked.

Alan, the animated screen cap made it very clear as to how this confusing item works. Thanks!

You're very welcome. That one is hard to explain, so I figured it'd be easier to just watch someone do it.

Yeah, my forehead received a hard slap the day I realized how the parallel osnap actually worked.
there must be quite a few head bruises then. I did the same. :lol:

Mine gets at least one-two a day.

So now we know why you tossed the hammer.

I had the deer-in-the-headlight look when I first figured it out. Where I worked at the time, everyone was calling it the OSNAP that didn't work along with Deferred Tangent. I had to go and demonstrate for everyone how they worked.

So now we know why you tossed the hammer.

I had the deer-in-the-headlight look when I first figured it out. Where I worked at the time, everyone was calling it the OSNAP that didn't work along with Deferred Tangent. I had to go and demonstrate for everyone how they worked.

LoL

Yeah, TAN was another that eluded me at first.

For me, TAN has worked the way I thought it should since it first showed up.

But PARALLEL, I always wanted to PICK the line I want to be parallel to. Just hovering over it is very strange.

But I got it now!

• 2 months later...

Check preferences>drafting>alignment point acquisition is it "shift to acquire" or "automatic"?

snap.PNG

If it is shift to acquire, press shift when you're hover the reference object and the parallel icons appear. A small cross will appear on the reference object, then once you move the cursor in a parallel position the rubberban should appear.

Edited by harinezumi