Another Newbie Scale Question

psych-arch

i cant seem to place the model centrally in the viewport which would be ideal, as for scaling it still seems like i will have stick with 2:1

Really am lost and am worrying whether it will mean a redraw, the model is more than a 100metres and it still looks small on a scale of 1:200, 1:300

Also the RE command didnt sort out the jagged lines

and the annotation completely disappears when adjusting the scale, is there a reason for this?

Im sure this is all in what ive read on in help, and have been flicking through,

Cheers

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• psych-arch

• ReMark

• Tiger

• Englishman in Montreal

Top Posters In This Topic

The "jaggies" could mean you're at such a large scale that you are viewing the curves as they are drawn with a series of line segments. To counter this affect use the VIEWRES command and answer "Yes" for fast zooms and set the value of VIEWRES to 5000.

I cannot advise you further on your model space annotation problems. You see I'm one of the old school CAD users that decided long ago to put all text and dimensions in my layout and not in model space. However, I probably have 60 drawings where everything is in model space. The drawings were done back when model space was all AutoCAD offered. The drawings were actually drawn "to scale" just as they would have been if done on a drafting board.

edit your text, and enable the annotation check box, set the height of the text that you want in PS (I use 3/32") enable annotation visibility and the autoscale( 2 icons next to the annotation scale pull down menu) what size is your paper layout? my layout templates are 51" x 36" for that size of drawing

and the annotation completely disappears when adjusting the scale, is there a reason for this?

This is one of the beauties of Annotative Dimensions, but it can be hell if you don't know about it. When you enable Annotation on your dimensions, you have to add what scales the dimensions should be viewed at. Take a look at the screen shot - that's my Properties palette, and then I clicked the three dots next to the Annotative scale and then Add to add more scales. For each scale that you want to use in your Layouts, you need to add them here to every annotative object, otherwise they just won't show.

I still can't understand how you can have the Page Setup set to A3 with a plot scale of 1:1 and then have the viewport set to scale 2:1..... but if it works and it plots alright and you can measure properly on the plotted copy, then I guess it works.

I still can't understand how you can have the Page Setup set to A3 with a plot scale of 1:1 and then have the viewport set to scale 2:1..... but if it works and it plots alright and you can measure properly on the plotted copy, then I guess it works.

the only reason comes to my mind is his drawing could be in meter & paper size drawn in mm or may be reverse:?