Revit Architecture 2012 new install won't open anything.

Dana W

Oh IRS, LSD and Coilovers? :twisted:

EDIT: Hmm...where's the OT section for hotrod discussion? hehe (turned on email, feel free)

This is temporarily the hot rod section.:lol: At least until my re-install of revit is done.

50%? well, yeah but I wanna be able to drive it every day. The Eforce comes with a 4.5" pully (others optional) that get 30+ % out of 8 lbs of boost. That's plenty, thanks. at that level it won't stress the blower or the engine.

Putting in a Steeda 3 link kit. I'd like to do coilovers & double wishbones some day but I'll have to cut the front end all up to switch out the struts up there. Besides, I can't weld. I'll be paying a friend of a friend to do my (car) rear end.

IRS, now you're kidding. The only systems I have seen for the 2007 are the Roush and Saleen. Both of those cost more than my whole car did and you need to know people to get an apointment.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• Lee Roy

• Jack_O'neill

• Organic

I gave up on the install on my old pc, it just wont finish.

I thought there was a relatively simple IRS swap that could be done to Mustangs? Of course, I'm thinking SN-95's, I dunno if the rear subframe changed much since.

Coilovers in the front aren't a straight swap???

Please tell me you're at least beefing up those sway bars and adding some strut braces and subframe connectors?

I gave up on the install on my old pc, it just wont finish.

I thought there was a relatively simple IRS swap that could be done to Mustangs? Of course, I'm thinking SN-95's, I dunno if the rear subframe changed much since.

Coilovers in the front aren't a straight swap???

Please tell me you're at least beefing up those sway bars and adding some strut braces and subframe connectors?

To stay on the topic, My clean un - and - re-install did not change anything. there was an error box that popped up during the new install that asked me to either cancel, retry, or ignore. I had to finally hit ignore after about 12 retrys failed. That happened the first time too. Did I mention that? No? Well, it was rather late that night. Actually I kind of rememeber the retry working the first time. Might be wrong, senior moment here.

I think it was error 7065 or something close. I wish I had noted what it actually said. Anyway an error report was sent to AutoDesk. The Reply was, "Gee. Sorry, but we don't know what's wrong yet. We'll let you know if we find anything." Not complaining about AutoDesk, mind you. They are probably as mystified as I am.:P

Now, back to the important stuff.

The sn95 Cobra was available with factory IRS through 03 I think. Discontinued due to low volume and ford went back to the Army truck axle in the Cobra versions. I think you can buy a bolt in kit from a number of places including ford for the sn95

Front Coilovers? The s197 front end is Mcpherson strut just like the prior models. There is only a lower control arm but they kinda are already coilovers. It'd take Stacey David of Gears to get real wishbones & coilovers in there:shock: He did up a cool 69 (I think) Cougar that got rid of the strut front end. I think coilovers look cool but without the wishbones up front they are only window dressing on the rear axle.

The sway bars on both ends are already upgraded (Steeda) as well as having added a bumpsteer kit. Supposedly the '05 & after is stiff enough without subframe connectors and tower braces. Compared to the sn95 and my old '88 5.0 notch fox body, my '07 is like a tank as far as front stiffness goes. I remember a buddy that had a '89 5.0 hatchback that had the floor tear away from the rear shock towers/fender wells the thing was so wiggly.

Don't worry, I ain't buildin' this thing to try and go around corners. I just want to have some breathin' room between me and that high school kid in the subaru whaletail GTwhatever turbo coupe with the 20 inch rims and fartcan exhaust pipe until I get to the corners. Oops, there goes another forum rule. I will be good now.

When I installed it the other day on a fairly average machine it can't have taken more than an hour (that is including everything).

I wonder if I am firewalling the internet too hard in the wi-fi router? And I have a fiber optic web connection, still 2+ hours for all 21 segments do download and install and then it no worky.:x

Oh, I didn't think of my routers firewall. :doh: I'll try again tonight.

I didn't know Mustangs ever went to a McPherson front suspension setup. Seeing as they've loved the solid rear, I figured they'd kept the a-arm up front as well. Also had buddies with sn95's claiming they'd done "coilover conversions", maybe they were just talking out their butts?

The IRS I knew of was a Cobra.

A car can never be too stiff! lol. Straightline fast is fun but I, personally, love lateral G's. Favorite thing to do is take friends up to mom's house. It's a nice curvy mountain road for about 30 minutes, with 100+ foot drops off one side and rock-hill on the other ... I still don't understand why people scream when they hear those wheels squealing at their adhesion limits? :evil: I'm not a stupid driver, btw, my car has track time so I know how to drive and how it responds to inputs; unlike these highschool kids around, fishtailing in intersections.

I am building a new 13b engine for it, though. It's currently stock, but it's getting a huge streetport with bridged 5th/6th ports.

Oh, I didn't think of my routers firewall. :doh: I'll try again tonight.

I didn't know Mustangs ever went to a McPherson front suspension setup. Seeing as they've loved the solid rear, I figured they'd kept the a-arm up front as well. Also had buddies with sn95's claiming they'd done "coilover conversions", maybe they were just talking out their butts?

The IRS I knew of was a Cobra.

A car can never be too stiff! lol. Straightline fast is fun but I, personally, love lateral G's. Favorite thing to do is take friends up to mom's house. It's a nice curvy mountain road for about 30 minutes, with 100+ foot drops off one side and rock-hill on the other ... I still don't understand why people scream when they hear those wheels squealing at their adhesion limits? :evil: I'm not a stupid driver, btw, my car has track time so I know how to drive and how it responds to inputs; unlike these highschool kids around, fishtailing in intersections.

I am building a new 13b engine for it, though. It's currently stock, but it's getting a huge streetport with bridged 5th/6th ports.

Yeah, I am not sure which year was the first with struts but it was at least the Fox body era. Just what we needed, a pony car with a VW suspension.:lol:

So the original A-arm setup (double wishbone) was ditched for the McPherson? Why??? A-arm's are WAY more tunable and WAY better for performance. Why, when competing with the Camaro, would they switch to the strut upfront and leave a truck axle out back? Makes no sense, could you get much worse performance handling-wise?

lol

[/rant]

EDIT - I just realized I'm self-contradictory...I said strut braces but assumed you had a-arms. LOL, my bad. Criss-crossing my cars and parts. Strut brace would do no good in the rear on a straight axle. If you had a-arms, those would already be solid and require no bracing. However, with the MacPherson struts, you can always benefit from some sort of triangulated bracing of the tops of the towers, if there isn't any yet. Ok, so yeah...you're good with your handling already, so it's a moot point regardless. I'm just correcting my own error. heh

So the original A-arm setup (double wishbone) was ditched for the McPherson? Why??? A-arm's are WAY more tunable and WAY better for performance. Why, when competing with the Camaro, would they switch to the strut upfront and leave a truck axle out back? Makes no sense, could you get much worse performance handling-wise?

lol

[/rant]

EDIT - I just realized I'm self-contradictory...I said strut braces but assumed you had a-arms. LOL, my bad. Criss-crossing my cars and parts. Strut brace would do no good in the rear on a straight axle. If you had a-arms, those would already be solid and require no bracing. However, with the MacPherson struts, you can always benefit from some sort of triangulated bracing of the tops of the towers, if there isn't any yet. Ok, so yeah...you're good with your handling already, so it's a moot point regardless. I'm just correcting my own error. heh

I wish I new why they went to the strut settup too. No clue.

Strut tower bracing up front is always a good idea if you are going to build the rear up to where it can do corners too. As a matter of fact, the fox body rear spring towers in the hatchback versions did need braces. Many of them had sheet metal fatigue cracking where the rear wheel houses joined the floorboard behind the doors. My '88 LX 5.0 notchback didn't suffer from that since there was a bulkhead behind the rear seat.

I feel the monitors watching.:roll: