exporting to autocad

blackeagle1245

hello I want to export my 3d drawings to 2d autocad files. I did it by exporting to autocad 2010 but when I look from the right view there are still some drawings in the different elevation. How can we just convert our drawings to 2d drawings?

thanks

I'm drawing a 3d drawing in a project mep 2011 I mean construct. Then In mep windows I'm exporting that to autocad 2007.

There is no functionality in MEP 2011 for creating 2D views? Doesn't the program also include plain AutoCAD? Why "export" to AutoCAD 2007? Your terminology "export" is a bit confusing. Are you creating a DWG or DXF file?

I want to create a two dimensional dwg which doesnt have z axis. I'm using the words as in the same with mep.

Producing 2D output from a 3D model can be accomplished in AutoCAD 2007 using any of the following methods.

1. The Section Plane tool (SECTIONPLANE command).

2. The Flatshot tool (FLATSHOT command).

3. The Solid View, Solid Drawing and Solid Profile tools (SOLVIEW, SOLDRAW and SOLPROF).

Each has its advantages and disadvantages. Method #3 used to be the more common way of doing it but methods #1 and #2 tend to be quicker and therefore are becoming more popular.

For an explanation of all three methods find and download the course handout for the AutoDesk University 2010 course entitled "Now Flatten This: Producing 2D Output from 3D Models" as taught by David Cohn. It is course number AC322-3P. Reproducing all 14 pages here would be too time consuming.

Just use the Export tool. I always save down to 2000 format. Anything that is an AEC Object will be "flattened" into 2D linework, and the export does it quite well. Anything that is just a normal solid created with your core AutoCAD solid modeling tools will NOT be flattened into 2D linework. Which, is not to worry because even LT can view a 3D solid in a plan view, it just can't rotate around objects but regardless it'll be there.

Capture1.jpg

yes I was talking about exactly same thing my only problem is after doing exportation when you look at right view equipments are still in different elevations( but they are 2d). why do the z elevations still stays the same?

Something I just found out. When you export to AutoCAD, depending on what view you are in will yield different results. If you are in Plan View, everything that is an AEC Object will export as 2D linework on a zero Z elevation. If you are in a rotated 3D view, or an Isometric View, it will export 3D AEC Objects as 3D Solids, and 2D AEC Objects as 2D linework at the original Z elevation. Just something to note.

I was doing the thing on my plan view but still some objects are in different z elevation. I will put the dwg here