Work due tomorrow - Need help!!

Ytsephill

Hey guys, I don't know what happened but suddenly on Layout 1, the cursor just disapeared. I tried closing and opening and it still isn't there.

On the model tab, and lauout 2 the cursor is there, but on layout 1 it disapeared.

What shows up on the commandline when I open it up is exactly: 'Command line'. When I click anywherewhat shows up is "specify opposite corner".

I can't select anything.

What to do?

Maybe a graphics card problem.

I don't this so, due to this:

On the model tab, and lauout 2 the cursor is there, but on layout 1 it disapeared.

When I click anywhere what shows up is "specify opposite corner".

Edit - That tells me the crosshairs are working, and being displayed (on the other two tabs). I wonder what happens when the Default Profile is set current?

Sounds like your crosshairs color and / or size needs to be changed.

Can't be that, because of this...

Crosshair size and colors are same in all layout tabs.

This is possible, because I had the same problem till I upgraded computer and graphics card.

Can't be that, because of this...

Crosshair size and colors are same in all layout tabs.

I use reactors to change the color / size of reactors when switching into, or out of model space (from paper space). The same *could* be done for individual tabs. Admittedly, that is something that would have to be done purposefully, and is most likely not the case here.

This is possible, because I had the same problem till I upgraded computer and graphics card.

Thus, I'll choose to defer to your personal experience on this one. :)

I use reactors to change the color / size of reactors when switching into, or out of model space (from paper space). The same *could* be done for individual tabs. Admittedly, that is something that would have to be done purposefully, and is most likely not the case here.

Wouldn't be the first time somebody had a bunch of customizations running on AutoCAD and didn't mention it when asking a question.

P.S.

Now that I think about my problems, after shutting down and restarting AutoCAD, the colors for Layout Tab crosshair and tracking etc. reset to white. I use a black background in Layout Tabs, so I could still see my crosshair. You may be on to something as well about the color matching the background.

Wouldn't be the first time somebody had a bunch of customizations running on AutoCAD and didn't mention it when asking a question.

LoL

Now that I think about my problems, after shutting down and restarting AutoCAD, the colors for Layout Tab crosshair and tracking etc. reset to white. I use a black background in Layout Tabs, so I could still see my crosshair. You may be on to something as well about the color matching the background.

Without customization(s) this is not typical, but an easy way of seeing this, simply set the crosshairs color to whatever color background you use, for example Black (crosshairs) on Black (background). Not sure if it works for all colors, but I've tested black / white.

Separately, did we ever get an answer from the OP about what happens when the OOTB default profile is restored? :unsure: