Burst command not working

Using AutoCAD MEP 2010. In some drawings (not all) after I use the chspace command burst will no longer work. It initializes you select the objects then it just sits there till I hit esc. Anyone got any ideas?

Hmm, weird bug. Do you have all the latest hotfixes and service packs installed?

BURST is apart of ET, which I believe Autodesk supplies on an "as is" basis with no official support. I'm sure that a session restart fixes the error I assume?

I don't even need to restart cad. I can tab over to another drawing and still use burst in that one... That's the weird part.

Sounds like a bug. I don't know of a solution unless you try updating to a service pack (if you haven't already) or search for a possible hotfix.

• 8 years later...

Just in case anyone else is still using a very old version of AutoCAD, I still encounter this bug in the 2013 version. The solution is to add a new object before bursting (you can delete it afterwards). The reason this works can be found in the Burst.lsp source in express tools. Burst tries to find the last added, non-deleted object, but chspace must do something weird that messes with that value, because running burst after chspace starts an infinite loop. Adding an object before running burst means the last added object is whatever you just created, and it fixes whatever is clogging up the command.

Yes, I'm still using 2013 so glad to know it's been fixed since then. Just thought I would let people know, if they're still on an old version, so they don't have to waste 9 hours like me.