Toolbars disappeared

insight design

Hello,

I was working in the "new" view or workspace of CAD 2011 (the one with the tabs at the top, like the new word and excel) and I was clicking something, or something happened, and it went to like a "full screen" view where all of my toolbars disappeared (the quick access bar was still there, but nothing else at the top). I've loaded the classic setting (I typed in menuload and selected the ACAD one, I was using ACA) but I want to get the "new" stuff back instead of working in the "classic" mode. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

I was working in the "new" view or workspace of CAD 2011 (the one with the tabs at the top, like the new word and excel)

That new-fangled, thangy is called "the Ribbon."

... I was clicking something, or something happened, and it went to like a "full screen" view where all of my toolbars disappeared (the quick access bar was still there, but nothing else at the top). I've loaded the classic setting (I typed in menuload and selected the ACAD one, I was using ACA) but I want to get the "new" stuff back instead of working in the "classic" mode. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

*IF* you're in fact in 'clean screen' (which is hard to tell by your description) then hit Ctrl + 0 (Zero).

Otherwise, the simplest way of getting your stuff back is to left click the little 'gear' at the bottom, right of your screen, and select your workspace again (assuming you had a customized one saved?). Otherwise, simply choose one of the default workspaces, and start customizing again (be sure to save it!).