How do you make a gradient halftone in CAD

bbankston

For those of you that are uneasy with clicking the link you can also download the attachment to this post and look at the picture below. Please help.

Thanks!

halftone.jpg

CIRCLE_CLOSED.dwg

How would I make that? Also, I'm being told very specific steps on what my boss wants. For example:"Make a graduated pattern starting at 100% to 10% with dots from 0.5mm to 1mm" or "Dots with a 0.8mm diameter...with a coverage density of 60%"

Gradient hatch is accessed via the Hatch command. I don't think it will satisfy your boss's criteria.

Maybe you can use layers and adjust the transparency.

I am still not sure what you want to make a gradient halftone.

SLW210,

I'm calling it a gradient halftone 'cuz that's how you'd make one in Photoshop (which is the only way I know how to make this). In Photoshop you'd make your gradient and then either run a halftone filter on it or make it a bitmap using halftone screen.

The file that is attached came from my company's headquarters and they haven't explained to me how they make them.

Thank you all for your replies and interest.

Why don't you just screen your print and be done with it? Seems like someone (the boss) is a bit too detail oriented on this one.

I haven't used photoshop in about 10 years, still not sure what you want the final results to look like, but I believe using different layers and adjusting transparency should give you what you want.

Give a pictorial example of a half-tone gradient and maybe I can produse another method.