Layers not staying set in viewports

bodeganyc

I'm the same guy who was having problems with my layer manager yesterday. Now I'm having a similar problem setting layers in various viewports. I set them (using VP freeze), they appear to be fine, I save, yada yada, but after a while all the layers turn back on within the viewports. Very frustrating.

I am starting to think that there is a fundamental problem with my layers system- possibly having to do with my profile setting, but I don't know enough about setting and managing profiles to know where to start.

Or it could be something else.

I'm the same guy who was having problems with my layer manager yesterday. Now I'm having a similar problem setting layers in various viewports. I set them (using VP freeze), they appear to be fine, I save, yada yada, but after a while all the layers turn back on within the viewports. Very frustrating.

I am starting to think that there is a fundamental problem with my layers system- possibly having to do with my profile setting, but I don't know enough about setting and managing profiles to know where to start.

Simple test... set the OOTB default profile current, and hit the reset button (with the OOTB default profile selected), then apply the changes.

Does the Layer Manager & Viewport Overrides still have issue? :unsure:

That is basically what we did last week to stop CAD from crashing every time I clicked on the Layer Manager. It stopped crashing but now I seem to have a new set of problems.

Under profiles I only have one there and it is "unnamed" Is that the OOTB profile?

That is basically what we did last week to stop CAD from crashing every time I clicked on the Layer Manager. It stopped crashing but now I seem to have a new set of problems.

Under profiles I only have one there and it is "unnamed" Is that the OOTB profile?

That's one of them... but as I understand you, you've made (several?) changes to it already.

Here's what I would do, take it for what it's worth to you.... I would export the current profile prior to resetting it, and save the resultant .ARG file where you'll find it later (if needed). Once that has been backed up, I'd reset the profile.

Test for functionality, behavior, etc. then we can move on.

i don't know about the profile much, but the problem seems like can be solved with setting 'visretain' value to 1. do it in model space & than if it does not work, you may need to set it inside each viewport separately

That worked Dipali!! I had futzed with visretain before but it hadn't helped. Maybe I was doing it in paperspace. Model space was the trick.

Anyway thanks so much - you guys are great!