AMEP 2012 Duct Preferences...??? Duct Flange Settings??

idllc

Okay, I know that Autodesk has basically done away with the duct preferences dialog and you can now do alot through the properties dialog.... but does anyone know how to set the flange width and extension lengths per duct shape? Used to be able to set flange dimensions per rectangular, oval and round..... I can't find this anywhere.....

It's now on the Properties palette. Type DUCTADD and when the Properties palette comes up, do the following:

• Dimensions → Routing Preferences: Set this to "Generic Flanged"
  • Specify Cut Length: Turn this ON and set your desired length.
  • Scroll down to the bottom, under Flange Dimension → Connector 1/2 → Flange Extension/Flange Thickness. Set the parameters here.

It's still there, just shifted in a more accessible location. :)

Thanks Stykface, I am still exploring with some items.

I have a drawing that was started in 2011, with all of my flange setting set. I make rectangular duct flanges a little larger than round duct. When I started working this same drawing in 2012, the round duct, runouts and spin-in taps and such, would inherit the rectangular flange properties. Now I am wondering if it is also set per the System type. The older 2011 dialog would set the flangers per duct shape, no questions asked so to say. Im still not sure about 2012. Love using the properties dialog for alot of things, just not sold on some other items. Being that I do piping as well, im used to the properties dialog interface.