Script to change drawing UNITS

I'm not sure why that image is not showing. I see it on the computer I used to make the post, but not my other computer. I made the post via Internet Explorer 9; that version of IE has problems with the Autodesk Discussion software as well. Perhaps the problem is related.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gsteel

• SEANT

• SLW210

• ahyin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This may be usefull

(defun civ_units ()
(SETQ ANGBASEE (GETVAR "ANGBASE"))
(SETQ ANGDIRR (GETVAR "ANGDIR"))
(SETQ LUNITSS (GETVAR "LUNITS"))
(SETQ LUPRECC (GETVAR "LUPREC"))
(SETQ AUNITSS (GETVAR "AUNITS"))
(SETQ AUPRECC (GETVAR "AUPREC"))
(SETVAR "LUNITS" 2)
(SETVAR "ANGBASE" 0.0)
(SETVAR "ANGDIR" 0)
(SETVAR "LUPREC" 0)
(SETVAR "AUNITS" 0)
(SETVAR "AUPREC" 0)
)
(defun old_civ_units ()
(SETVAR "LUNITS" lunitss)
(SETVAR "ANGBASE" angbasee)
(SETVAR "ANGDIR" angdirr)
(SETVAR "LUPREC" luprecc)
(SETVAR "AUNITS" aunitss)
(SETVAR "AUPREC" auprecc)
)

• 2 weeks later...
I have gone through all the settings in the options and one found one glaring mistake... I have my profile set to US. metric...... I have changed it to UK metric and all seems as I need it.. all the properties etc are now showing in mm.

Sorry for wasting time but the process has got me there. Thanks for everyones help (even SLW210 :wink:)

I got the same problem as you, can you tell me how to solve this problem ?

In the options, profile tab, I created a new profile.

I set my units to mm. and then quit.

Then what you have to do to assign your profile when you start Autocad is alter the properties in your Autocad shortcut. here is how my shortcut target now reads....

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\AecBase.dbx" /p "Gregs Acad Profile"

with "Gregs Acad Profile" as the name of the new profile created.

There may be a better way to do this but it worked for me.. Hope it helps

In the options, profile tab, I created a new profile.

I set my units to mm. and then quit.

Then what you have to do to assign your profile when you start Autocad is alter the properties in your Autocad shortcut. here is how my shortcut target now reads....

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Architecture 2011\AecBase.dbx" /p "Gregs Acad Profile"

with "Gregs Acad Profile" as the name of the new profile created.

There may be a better way to do this but it worked for me.. Hope it helps

Thank you very much for your suggestion gsteel ! I try to use this method open the files but not successful. The CAD file units still in inches. As you said, you changed the pofile to UK to solve his problem, is it necessary to install something ? Because during the installation process, I uncheck the unit "inches". Do you think it will affect this ?

During the installation settings there is an option to include UK content pack which we install. I guess you might need this in order to use my method. I'm not sure if you can add this after installation of if you need to do a clean install.

In our profile options we have - AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture (UK), AutoCAD Architecture(US Metric), and my own profile now.

During the installation settings there is an option to include UK content pack which we install. I guess you might need this in order to use my method. I'm not sure if you can add this after installation of if you need to do a clean install.

In our profile options we have - AutoCAD, AutoCAD Architecture (UK), AutoCAD Architecture(US Metric), and my own profile now.

Thank so much for your help !

• 8 months later...
  • 11 years later...

"Gold digger award mode"

I use the command "dwgunits"

I customize a command with the parameters below

"^C^C-DWGUNITS 6 2 8 no no no ^C^C"