Adding tags to palette

blackeagle1245

I have created special tags and added palette already but I have reinstalled and changed my palette. I can see my tags in multi view block but how can I add them to my palette again?

thanks in advance

Your tags need to be placed in a library file first.. then saved in on your server where they won't move... then open the library file save it and then drag your tag to the pallet... save and close the drawing.

From then on.. your pallet will look to the library file for the data.. since that never moves it will always find it....

Conversly.. if you are dragging items from a project directly to the pallet, and you move the project file.. the item on the pallet won't work.. I.E. because the file it is looking for is missing/moved.

Key here is the library file.

The next thing is once you have created your new pallet.. move it as well to a different location on your server, and make sure you point to it in your

Options -> Tool Pallet File Location

In this way if and when you upgrade your software.. your pallets and MEP's pallets are totaly separete.

• 2 weeks later...

my special tags that I have created is now lost cause I needed to change my tool palette and dissappeared but I saved my dwt file so I can see them in my style manager in multi-view block definitions. But I cant use them what should I do now ?.

Edited by blackeagle1245

my special tags that I have created is now lost cause I needed to change my tool palette and dissappeared but I saved my dwt file so I can see them in my style manager in multi-view block definitions. But I cant use them what should I do now ?.

If you have the DWT file save it as a dwg. Then create your new Library file and save it to a dedicated location on your sever. Copy the tag from your dwg/dwt file and paste it to your library file... save the library file and close all..

Re-open the library file and crate an new pallet. Drag your tag to the pallet. close all (even autocad).

Locate your pallet file (something.atc). Move it to a dedicated location on your server. Open autocad and make sure under options that you point to this file under tool palets. Close all (even autocad).

Re-open your library file. Your new pallet should be part of the tool pallet at this point. Copy any other items you want on your pallet to the library file.. Save it and close all (even autocad).

Re-open your library file and drag any items you want on the pallet to the pallet. Save and close all (even autocad).

Remember, you can copy items from other files to yoru library file. However you must save the file before you can add to the pallet. To save the pallet you must save the library file and close it and autocad.

If multiple users have full access to the atc file the last one to close autocad will overwrite the atc file. Thus the ATC file needs to have read/write attributes to it to insure only one person can write to it. Thus eliminating the chance of multiple users corrupting the atc file.

I appoligize if this is brief and to the point, I had to type it twice, and the browser timed out.... please post any further questions, but know this is the extent off my knowledge on the subject.