ACAD 2012 and older dwg files

fitterhans

I just upgraded from ACAD 2007 3d to 2012 3d. The rest of my organization is using a "mix" of older versions, so we still save to the 2004 format. Has anyone else noticed text objects "moving" to different locations or disappearing on opening files in newer versions of ACAD? I've had two instances so far. In one case, a 2012 LT user added a leader/text and the 2000 LT user could see it. The text was clearly there in the 2012 users file. In the other case, I opened a file I worked on in 2007 and text objects seem to be moved about randomly when looking at it in 2012. Everything still looks good with the file opened in the 2007 though. Any thoughts?

I save to AutoCAD 2004 version here since everyone else is on AutoCAD 2005. I have only noticed a problem with multileaders being placed on a new layer (AutoCAD names it) when opened in AutoCAD 2005, which can cause them to be frozen (therefore not seen) in viewports.

There may be other problems, that is the only one my boss has brought to my attention.

I have a customer that still uses the 2004 format and I have the same problem with 2010 saving down to that. The multileader won't translate for some reason. If you use the old leader command, it will work ok.

_leader instead of _mleader, in other words.

That makes sense on the leaders. Thank you for the further info. Anyone else having issues with mtext moving? The file still looks fine when opened in 2007, but not so much on 2012.

I save to AutoCAD 2004 version here since everyone else is on AutoCAD 2005. I have only noticed a problem with multileaders being placed on a new layer (AutoCAD names it) when opened in AutoCAD 2005, which can cause them to be frozen (therefore not seen) in viewports.

There may be other problems, that is the only one my boss has brought to my attention.

I was actually looking for an awnser for this, thanks, I hadnt thought to check layers.