Penn Foster help with COMMANDS: BLOCK AND LAYERS

paisis123

HELLO FORUM!

first time user, but experienced in auto CAD (cause i started in junior year)

names jonathan, age 18,

anyway this is something thats normally an easy course, but im confused on alot of things.

1. how do you start off? are the limits suppose to be 1000000? thats crazy.

2. in auto cad what is the step by step process for to draw lines that are in e.g.

N 5 D 27'23" W? hows one draw that from the POB? this course is confusing.

now i dont want to u to send me the drawing, but i need like a step by step process. its really werid, they did not explain how to do it in autocad, as if u got to figure out how to use an expensive program yourself and complete a HUGE project. i hate the fact that i have 6 courses left and i get stuck.

heres a link http://lessons.pennfoster.com/pdf/054039.pdf

please ask away questions if u have any doubts on helping me!

• :geek:

Try this thread, http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?55405-need-project-help-for-penn-foster-oleson-village it will answer many of your questions.

As for the scale this is correct. You will have to use direct input to get the point locations correct. These will be checked by your instructor. Many of the Penn Foster projects have been discussed on this forum, using the search command will result in the different threads.

1. I haven't considered Limits in 15 years. But I don't do Civil. Maybe it makes a difference.

2. Are your Units set to Surveyor's Units? Then you type the bearing and distance like so:

Command: l LINE Specify first point:
Specify next point or [undo]: @45<n5d27'23"w