From Excel to AutoCAD

SolaR123

I've found a number of articles outlining the process of extracting data from AutoCAD to an Excel file, but I'm wondering if it's possible to do the reverse. For my work I have a number of databased already established in Excel and am able to create information tables rather quickly that access these databases. Currently, after creating a table in Excel I then copy, paste, scale to the right size in AutoCAD.

There's gotta be a way to create a table in AutoCAD that simply accesses this information in Excel and just updates automatically. I produce a number of CAD drawings off of a template daily so this process has become quite the bottleneck.

I really appreciate any help!

AutoCAD LT? Hmmm....not sure but I know in full AutoCAD one can use a DataLink. The information in the spreadsheet (not sure why you keep referring to databases) can be updated either from within Excel or from within AutoCAD.

@Remark - I *believe* the OP is using the term 'database', in the context that data is stored in that particular 'repository', generally speaking.

@SolaR123 - Have tried using GetExcel.lsp?

@RederMan - correct about my intent. I store all needed information in 'databases' on different worksheet. I access that information which creates tables. I need to import those tables into AutoCAD and copy/paste is getting old.

@ReMark - Thank you! you pointed me in the right direction. I created a table of just a single cell. Right click the cell and set up a DataLink. From that, I link the table I need in Excel and it 'imports' the entire table into that one cell (scaling is now just a one-time issue). After making changes to the table in Excel, I right click the table in AutoCAD and update it. It's a beautiful thing.

Thank You!