Visibility Graphics in 3D View for linked file

tzframpton

I'm having issues with trying to figure out how to isolate certain objects in a 3D view. Here's the screenshot:

sc_revit.jpg

Revit MEP 2011. This is a four story building in which I've got cropped to the 3rd floor. I'm testing some visual settings. I ran a piece of pipe over a linked RVT arch model. The 3D view is in the Mechanical disciple under the Plumbing sub-disciple. This makes the plumbing fixtures stand out. What I want to do is only show the plumbing fixtures for the 3rd level only. Is there a way I can do this or would I have top copy the objects into the view? Thanks in advance.

Off the top of my head, quick answer...if you have access to the Arch model, create worksets for each level. Then in your MEP model, change the visibility of the worksets.

I don't think copy/monitor will help you here.

Also try using your section box to crop out the unwanted Arch model. Actually, that would be the fastest. If you have access and time, I'd do the worksets though.

Thanks Fried. I do have access to the arch model so I will play with it and see what results I get. Sometimes I get scared to ask a question in Revit because the answer usually insists on opening a whole new can of worms. 8)

No problem. Like I said, the fastest way would probably be using your Section Box in your 3D view. Learning and working with Worksets is always fun, though. =)