2010 LT freezes during startup

kadeycat

ok-long time lurker- occasional poster. I have learned alot from reading these boards. :shock::shock:

I have 2010 LT on Windows XP. Friday afternoon I shut down a working version of Autocad and Monday morning it will not open. I have no idea what happened over the weekend.

I tried the repair from CD. I restored my system to Thursday afternoon. It worked until I shut down yesterday. Tuesday morning, same freeze up when starting.

Tried the restore again and no go.

I tried unchecking the 'certificate revocation'. I read that I may have to unload and reload the .NET framework 3.5 SP1. How can I be sure I'm not messing up other apps when I delete all the .NET versions?

SOO frustrated. The more I read , more confused I am.

Will I need to uninstall and reinstall? If so, how can I save my profiles-workspace if I cannot open the program?

Any suggestions? Thanks for any input.

Sorry, but where can I find that information? I'm just tech savvy enough to get myself in a whole lotta trouble.

I looked in 'Add-Remove Programs' and latest updates to Windows was 4/20/11.

Microsoft Office was 5/11/2001.

.NET frameowrk shows 4/20/11.

It was working last Friday so I don't think thats what caused the issue.

It went from not opening at all to freezing upon startup?

What made you uncheck "certificate revocation" in the first place?

the unchecking of the 'certificate revocation' is listed as a possible fix on the Autodesk website. Just tryin anything.

Autocad will open partially- then stops once the Command line is last on the list.

Ribbons, menus, and toolbars do not appear. Mouse is non-operational.

Oh- also the 2 other computers on our network which both run autocad are fine.

Yep, I have done the 'Repair' and the 'Re-Install' Option. Many reboots of system.

How do I save my workspace\profile info so I don't have to redo all the ribbon icons?

Which files should I be backing up to another location?

Sorry, I don't know what that is or how to check if it has been run.

What should I look for and where?

Well, unfortunately due to downsizing......

It's just me and my boss the engineer.

Did you ask the engineer if anything went on over the weekend?

I have already done a restore to 2 different points on my system.

Reference my first post. I restored, it worked, next morning same problem. Restored again to an earlier time but no fix this time.

I just need to know which files I need to save elsewhere before I do a uninstall.

It takes too long to try and recreate the ribbons as I like them.

uninstall - reboot - turn off antivirus - reinstall - reboot, right???

OK- thanks. The other 2 computers on our network are having no problems at all. Mine was off all weekend so I don't see what might have happened. I have printed out all the directions. Will do a complete clean and sweep before attempting the new install.

Hope this works cuz if not I probably won't have any hair left.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Just an update. Came in this morning. Did a complete virus scan and disk cleanup overnight. Completed the Uninstall - reinstall per Autodesk directions. TWICE!! and still have the same issue.

I also tried to remove and reinstall the .NET framework files.

The only thing not included in my process was the registry key deletion. My boss will do that part just to be sure I don't mess up the office computer. We will try again tomorrow.

Now it freezes up on the Initial Setup screen. I can use task manager to end the process and it will attempt to open Autocad but gets to the same place as before and stops.

Gotta keep trying other stuff.