Dimnsion style changes without dimension style being changed

I'm working on a drawing that was converted into cad and it seems like every dimension has its own style. When I copy use the move comand or try to change the dimension the text changes from being above the dimension line to centered and the text gets closer together horizontally. When I compare a copied dimension to the original it has all the same properties including the text pos vert still being above text. The actual dimension style hasn't changed at all but what is showing up on screen is different. Anyone have this problem before?

Here a image showing three dimensions with the same properties, the top 2'-10" is what it should look like, the bottom is what it looks like when I copied it and the 1'-2" is when I make a new dimension.

dimhelp.jpg

Couple of questions...1. is the drawing one that you did, or is it someone elses?

2. has your company recently upgraded from an older version of autocad to a new one?

The reason I ask is that if this is an older drawing, and you've recently upgraded, even though the fonts and dimstyles may be the same name, the newer font files may be slightly different than the older ones and when you copy it's replacing the old font with the new one.

That just a guess, or as Spock would say, "a theory that happens to fit the facts".

It wasn't drawn by me. I had some one convert it into a dwg from another format. I can't remember what hte program is called that they used.

It wasn't drawn by me. I had some one convert it into a dwg from another format. I can't remember what hte program is called that they used.

ah-HA!!! Therein lies your problem. While the conversion programs have gotten better over the years, they still can't quite get there. If it's important that they all be the same, you'll have to go through and fix them. If the conversion at least put them all on the same layer, I'd probably lock that layer, put new dims in on top of those just separated enough to read the originals. You can check for accuracy that way, see. Then once all thats done, freeze the layer your new dims are on, unlock the original dim layer and make it current. Freeze all the rest of the layers and erase the old dimensions.