Iso Standards in Drafting

Ahankhah

Hi All,

does anyone know from where I can find drafting standards? I mean handy books or codes about how to:

1- name layers

2- define linetype scales

3- select colors for objects

4- define lineweights for objects

5- define plot styles

6- ...

Thanks in advance

Mehrdad

Some of what you are looking for will depend on what field you are working in, the country you are working in (or that the project is located in) and what standards you normally follow depending on the company you are working in. For example, in the U.S., if you are an architect designing a building and following the AIA standards you'll find them to be very comprehensive.

British Standards don't (at least didn't) specify any of those things. The purpose of a drawing is to convey information on the piece of paper. Layers (as an example) have no influence on the finished item and are therefore outside a standard.

Remark and dbroada, thank you very much for your reply. But I beleive that there are standards in drafting. Before borning CAD and AutoCAD there was some standards and rules in drawings. I know several codes of ISO are about drafting, but I don't know from where I can find them.

Well, in my country we don't use cad standards…never. Actually, I’m glad that we use layers at all… :D :D :D … but I knew that this link might be useful one day :D

@ Ahankhah: Considering ISO layer names, there is one fairly legit page on Wikipedia about ISO Structure of layer names (search for ISO 13567)

and which country is that?

As far as that standard goes, it just proves what ReMark first said - it depends on your field of work. If we kept to that particular standard our main layer would be.....

------------

I prefer the names we use :)

It’s Croatia. To be fair, there is a few “standards” in use, as in “standard” text style and “standard” dimension style… :D:D:D

I love Croatia (have you just changed your profile or didn't I see it?) and was hoping to go there last year but things got in the way. Oh well, maybe another year.

nice find. I'm glad we don't use their layer convention. :whistle:

Likewise.

A-37420-T2N01B113B23pro seriously lol?