.dwg File Properties to Excel or Access to Create Drawing List/register

Lionelm

I am looking for a way to use the .dwg file properties of a drawing to generate an updateable drawing list/register. One that will update automatically as the file properties are updated. I have already created a title block that uses text fields to display custom properties of the file on my title block, such as the job no., drawing no. etc.

I have searched the web for answers, came across this site, joined and searched through it... There are a number of threads that 'sorta' deal with my needs but alway tend to digress more towards the "poster's" needs and away from mine. I noticed that they all talk about Lisp Routines and I have no knowledge of using them. Is that the only way to go or can I use another route? Another one was the Sheet Set Manager but I don't think that this is exactly what I am looking for...

Any help...?

I think you can use Data Extraction with your Fields but personally I would go the Visual Lisp way as you can pick and choose which fields in excel you want the new text to go to. Also look at the fields in your title block being attributes.

Yes Visual lisp is not easy.