What setvar that effects a block dimscale insertion size?

CADPOLE

Back ground: My blocks are comming in at the wrong size. I read a post some time back that had the setvar as a side note tidbit that talked about it. I wrote it on a stick note but the dang thing fell behind my 300 lb desk. I have done a search for it but, can't remember what I was looking for when I found it. I'd ask facilities to move my desk to get it but frankly, those guys scare the bejesus out of me:unsure: They have no disernable necks. . . .that's just not natural!

The real question: Does anyone know the setvar that effects a blocks ability to be inserted at the dimscale? my dimscale is 20 and my blocks are coming in at 1.67. Dainty arn't they?

INSUNITS should be the one. Although not tied to dimscale, that is done through a lisp or macro to apply the dimscale to the block scale.

YES! INSUNITS is the one on the sticky note! I need to write it on another sticky note and back it up in a Word note on the computer. Although I don't think I will forget it again.

rkent, are you a piper? Don't worry, I won't think badly of you if you are. lol

Man, that would be nice if I could. I am dealing with a little over 100 old 1970's pipeline drawings for the north slope that have been scaned to tiff files. The ones I can scale to 1:1 I am, buut that isn't always a possibility. I have one that has 7 different scales on it. I now understand the need for drug testing in the work place! lol

Man, that would be nice if I could. I am dealing with a little over 100 old 1970's pipeline drawings for the north slope that have been scaned to tiff files. The ones I can scale to 1:1 I am, buut that isn't always a possibility. I have one that has 7 different scales on it. I now understand the need for drug testing in the work place! lol

Holey Moley. I feel for you. I have seen 'Alaska State Troopers' on the Nat Geo channel. :lol: I have an idea what you are dealing with.

No, of course I don't judge all Alaskans by that.:wink:

Back ground: My blocks are comming in at the wrong size. I read a post some time back that had the setvar as a side note tidbit that talked about it. I wrote it on a stick note but the dang thing fell behind my 300 lb desk. I have done a search for it but, can't remember what I was looking for when I found it. I'd ask facilities to move my desk to get it but frankly, those guys scare the bejesus out of me:unsure: They have no disernable necks. . . .that's just not natural!

I remember I used to once also have a wall of sticky/post it notes where I had all the unusual/hard to remember AutoCad commands. I still use a large number of sticky/post it notes daily although not for AutoCad commands anymore lol.

I remember I used to once also have a wall of sticky/post it notes where I had all the unusual/hard to remember AutoCad commands. I still use a large number of sticky/post it notes daily although not for AutoCad commands anymore lol.

At my age I need that system just to find my car keys, :lol: but I don't know where I left the post-it pad.