How to find the angle between two points please?

facad

Hello,

I am trying to find the angle between two points, but I am not getting the right answer; as long as it is different from the professor`s response (see attachment)

Please advice.

Thanks

Drawing4.dwg

Can you post a screen shot? For me to look at your drawing, I would have to convert it, but Dwg Trueview does NOT convert educational drawings :cry:

Which two points are you having problems with? I just checked them all, and the only one that was slightly different was the distance from "A" to "C" which was 10.8140 instead of 10.8139, but the angle was still 310.

I did notice that a line was drawn from "B" to "0,0". Is this the one you're having problems with? If so, look closely at the endpoint of the line at "0,0". It is not snapped correctly to "0,0". It is snapped to the dimension line instead, which gives an angle of 213 instead of 214.. You have to be very careful when drawing lines and snapping to endpoints to make sure you actually snap to the correct endpoint.

Which two points are you having problems with? I just checked them all, and the only one that was slightly different was the distance from "A" to "C" which was 10.8140 instead of 10.8139, but the angle was still 310.

I did notice that a line was drawn from "B" to "0,0". Is this the one you're having problems with? If so, look closely at the endpoint of the line at "0,0". It is not snapped correctly to "0,0". It is snapped to the dimension line instead, which gives an angle of 213 instead of 214.. You have to be very careful when drawing lines and snapping to endpoints to make sure you actually snap to the correct endpoint.

Thank you for your response.

I did use QUICKCALC to measure the dimension between two points and the angle, and I get exactly the right answer.

While I did draw a line from A to 0,0 and another line from B to 0,0, and measure the angle between A and B; I was not even close to the right answer.

Is that mean, that it is safer to use QUICKCALC then drawing lines?

I appreciate your help.

Can you post a screen shot? For me to look at your drawing, I would have to convert it, but Dwg Trueview does NOT convert educational drawings :cry:

I did try, but it did not appear!

That will be another question: how can I post a screen shot?

Thanks