Plotting and CTB files

CB89

This is probably a stupid question :geek:but recently my boss has been very picky as to the darkness of some lines and text on our drawings. Usually we just print what ever we get, but obviously our pen settings are different from many companies. A couple of times the contractors have sent us CTB files and I wanted to know if I add these files to our autocad, will the plot come out the same as the ones the contractors have?

Also there is one project that when I apply our settings to the plot, once it regens everything changes to white. This has been driving me nuts, and it only happens with one particular set of drawings. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

This is probably a stupid question :geek:but recently my boss has been very picky as to the darkness of some lines and text on our drawings. Usually we just print what ever we get, but obviously our pen settings are different from many companies. A couple of times the contractors have sent us CTB files and I wanted to know if I add these files to our autocad, will the plot come out the same as the ones the contractors have?

Using their CTB will result in the same line widths. But some people use color 7 as a wide line while others may have that as medium, etc. All of your color mapping to linewidths would have to match theirs to get the same result.

Also there is one project that when I apply our settings to the plot, once it regens everything changes to white. This has been driving me nuts, and it only happens with one particular set of drawings. Any idea what am I doing wrong?

Are you in paper space when this happens? If so, in the pagesetup you can uncheck the "display plot style" option.

wow thanks rkent that was almost instant I knew it had to be something simple. Thank you

You are welcome, glad it worked for you.