Can't Open a PDF I made on AutoCAD for Mac on PC's,

arch_rookie

Hello All

I am currently using AutoCAD 2011 for Mac (student version) and having some major difficulties with an A1 PDF I have made from the 'save as PDF' function in print.

The PDF is openable on my Macbook but cannot be opened on PC's. When I try to open on a PC there is a blank square page on the screen -not an A1 size.

Even if I reset the paper size on 'Paper set up manager' to A1, I still can't open it.

The paper size appears to not be in an A1 size at all.

When the PDF is opened on illustrator, it has the same square size paper size and my drawings spill out of the actual paper size.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

PDF is not platform dependent, i.e. it should work fine on Windows, Mac or Linux. Attach the Mac created PDF here.

Thanks for the reply. After many hours of struggle I've realised what my problem was. It was the paper size limits my Printer had. Since I only have a home printer (not plotter) that prints up to A4, the 'save to PDF's' only prints to the set paper sizes my printer has -which means no large paper sizes. So even if I change to a custom size, essentially I can't make a real PDF to A1, it becomes unopenable.

The Mac computer was deceiving though, as it made it readable only on macs.

So as a solution, I intsalled a 'pretend' plotter onto my 'Printer' in system preferences, and now I select the plotter instead of my printer. Ir works perfectly.

Does the Mac version have the DWG to PDF.pc3? It sounds like your printer has a preset pdf plotter that you are using. But if you use the Autocad one, or another 3rd party like CutePDF you will have all paper sizes available.