Autodesk 123D

Jack_O'neill

Anyone playing around with 123D? It's pretty cool, but I am finding that it seems to tax my machine, even though it exceeds the minimum specs by a considerable amount. I have 4x the recommended ram and a faster processor. I never have any trouble with Autocad or Revit, but this little program puts a strain on the video response. Even before there's anything on the screen, just click the sketch tool and the cursor starts getting really jumpy, and the response time between clicking on a tool or something is really slow.

Now, the wierd thing is, after there are a few objects on the screen, the response time gets better, which makes no sense at all.

I realize the thing is in beta, but it's very clunky to use. Anyone else messing around with it?

Hi Jack, I installed it, but found no time yet to try it, it looks pretty simular to me as Inventor Fusion.

I haven't played with Fusion yet. I've seen it mentioned in the forums a few times but never got round to investigating it.

Yes I have both installed and it does seem like a "lite" Inventor Fusion. Very similar interface and usage. 123D slows my machine down a bit as well.

Fusion also comes with AutoCAD 2012, and it also slows down my machine, but it's an amazing program. I'm gonna give 123D a try this week. :D

Yes I have both installed and it does seem like a "lite" Inventor Fusion. Very similar interface and usage. 123D slows my machine down a bit as well.

The interface is interesting. Not sure yet, but I think I like the way it works, and the simplicity of it. Autocad has thousands of tools that I never use and I always wind up having to unclutter my toolbars and menus, as well as add in some clutter of my own.

On a side note, f700es...as you may have noticed, somehow this thread got started twice. I couldn't find a way to delete one of them last night. Would you mind either telling me how or taking care of the duplicate for me? Thanks.

On a side note' date=' f700es...as you may have noticed, somehow this thread got started twice. I couldn't find a way to delete one of them last night. Would you mind either telling me how or taking care of the duplicate for me? Thanks.[/quote']

Done and done ;)

Done and done ;)

I don't know how that happened, but thanks for fixing it for me. Gremlins, that's what it is.